Original Colt 45 Mustang Funny Car driven by famous race car driver Ezra Boggs. Own a piece of racing history.
• We are a classic car dealership in Sherman, Texas and show by appointment only.
• Contact us at 903-820-1019.
• We buy, sell and trade classic vehicles.
• Shipping is available (call for quote).
• Original Paint.
• 12 spoke spindle mounts in the front.
• 16 inch Halibrand Big Windows in the back.
• Comes with a full vintage race suit and helmet.
• Originally set up for a Chevy big block.
Ezra Boggs was a funny car racer from Oklahoma. Boggs raced funny cars from coast to coast during the years 1969 to 1985. The first funny car Ezra raced was the Colt 45 machine of the Martin Brothers. The Martin Brothers were the third owners in the line of cars bearing the Colt 45 name. The first owners were the successful Ingram and Davis team out of California who built the first Colt 45 in 1966 to race in the NHRA AA/A class. The team then raced early funny cars with the blown steel body car. Davis and Ingram sold the car to Frank Reinauer, who bought the car to match race in the Oklahoma area.
Reinauer extended the front end 24 inches and replaced the small block with a 396 Chevy. The car never handled well so Reinauer had local funny car racers Gitthens and Allen build a new chassis from 2 x 4" square tubing. A new '69 Mustang body was ordered from Ron Pellegrini's Fiberglass, Ltd., shop outside Chicago. Frank drove the new car a couple of times but still did not like the feel of it. He sold the car to fellow Oklahomans Don and Jack Martin and Reinauer asked Ezra to drive the car for the new owners. Boggs drove the 480 cubic inch Chevy powered Mustang for two years with best times of 7.70 at 198 in 1970. (Photo courtesy of Ezra Boggs and www.mobydickaafc.com; info from Ezra Boggs and Draglist files)
• All sales will be subject to document and state fees.
• Sold with a bill of sale NO title.