1979 Jeep CJ5 Golden Eagle *REDUCED*
Complete frame up restoration completed in 2016. All paperwork and receipts kept and available for review. Entire restoration documented with photos.
Jeep body and frame restoration completed by Law Dawg restorations in Orlando, FL. Engine restoration and build was completed by Kevin Mobley of Deland Auto Parts speed shop. Kevin is very well known locally as a high horsepower race engine builder and is a genius with an engine. No expense was spared in the restoration of this Jeep. I planned on keeping it forever, but things change. Here are some details of the build, the Jeep must be seen and driven in person to really appreciate.
- 1979 frame sandblasted and powder coated.
- All brake and gas lines replaced with stainless steel lines.
- front and rear axles rebuilt and painted
- transmission was completely rebuilt and painted
- front and rear drive shafts rebuilt and painted
- new fuel tank and fuel sender
- all new steering components and steering dampener
- all new leaf springs and shocks
- Golden Eagle wheels repainted as they would from factory
- new 31x10.50 BF Goodrich all terrain tires
All documented with receipts and photos.
- 1979 Jeep CJ5 body had extensive rust. A donor body was purchased and restored. Body had extensive metal work to ensure perfection. Body is ALL METAL, no fiberglass. Entire floor and side panels replaced with high quality “Jeep” replacements, not cheap foreign body panels.
- body painted factory Olympic white
- new Golden Eagle decals and custom pinstriping
- original dash restored and painted.
- new gauges, cables, and new retro sounds blue tooth radio.
- A/C added
- New tilt steering column with original Jeep steering wheel
- New steel windshield frame and windshield
- new wipers and wiper motor
- new seats, seat belts, and center console
- new rollbar padding, new bestop Tan soft top with full doors
- new Bimini top included
Again, everything documented with photos and receipts
- Factory 304 Jeep V8 block cleaned, magna-fluxed, and bored .60 over
- new custom pistons and rods
- factory heads had intake and exhaust valves ported
- all new roller valve train and performance roller cam shaft
- new performance aluminum valve covers
- new edelbrock performance air gap intake
- new holly carburetor
- new ceramic coated headers, shorty style
- new high flow fuel pump and high flow water pump
- new alternator
- new dual electric cooling fans
Engine was dyno’ed after completion. I have print out from dyno. Engine puts out 350hp!!! This is almost unheard of from an AMC 304!!
Complete engine build is again documented with photos and receipts. Build sheet and dyno results are also available for review.
There is no doubt I am forgetting many things, the Jeep can be viewed with advanced notice in Deland, FL. Viewing it in person is the only way to truly appreciate it. Since completion, this Jeep has been garage stored and never abused or used off road. I have invested too much money into it to beat it up. It is a blast to drive and very powerful and fast....and sounds amazing. It will cruise at 60-65 mph with no problem. I have over $45,000 invested into this Jeep. I am asking $31,900 obo. All reasonable offers will be entertained.
If you think the just-unveiled 2021 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye can create some fireworks, you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet. That’s because also being unveiled this Fourth of July weekend is the 2020 Challenger SRT Super Stock. The Charger comes with its 6.2-liter Hemi V8 supercharged to 797 horsepower, the most, says Dodge, ever offered […]
Coast to coast — and even a drive on the Road to Hana on Maui — Mojo Travels offers its top-10 road trips for 2021. “We’re obviously aware of and deeply concerned about the global pandemic, and are choosing carefully what to publish as forms of escapism and entertainment to help ease thoughts of anxiety, […]
The Pick of the Day is a “real barn find,” a 1960 Fiat 1500 S cabriolet being advertised for sale — for $15,000 — on ClassicCars.com by a private seller. “These Fiat 1500S were built alongside the Ferrari 250S,” the seller says in the advertisement. “The car needs a good cosmetic restoration,” the seller adds, […]
Vinyl wraps are a thing. The technology has gotten so good and the artisans who do them so skilled, that almost every element of our lives is touched by it – for nearly 70 years, believe it or not. Thanks to one of the best wrapping shops in the Southwest, called WrapSesh, I now have […]
When it comes to James Dean, Porsche and racing, most everyone knows the end of the story. But how many know the long tail of passion that followed? The answer to that and many other questions are tucked away in Palm Springs, California, with a retired businessman who, as a racer, had the potential to […]
“The Indy 2020 auction is clear for takeoff!” Mecum Auctions announced in a brief statement Thursday, declaring the re-opening of the company’s annual live auctions that were halted by pandemic restrictions. Like most other auction companies, Mecum has been conducting online auctions of collector cars and automobilia in place of live events because of the […]
It was just a couple of weeks ago that we shared the news of the Horseless Carriage Club of America planning to add a building to the Gilmore Car Museum campus in Hickory Corners, Michigan. At the same time, we wrote about the museum accepting the donation of a 1902 Thomas Touring Car and re-opening […]
There was a new twist in the Ford vs. Chevy rivalry when it came to cars being searched during the month June on the ClassicCars.com marketplace. That twist was a Ford vs. Ford rivalry in which all-years Mustangs overtook all-years Ford in one of the two search lists. Oh, by the way, that all-years search […]
The AC Cobra has been reborn, according to AC Cars Ltd., still a performance icon but without the thunderous V8 engines that made the Shelby Cobras of the 1960s so distinctive. Instead, the 2020 AC Cobra range launched this week will get thoroughly modern drivetrains that reflect today’s technological advances and environmental awareness, the Norwich, […]
The current Lincoln Continental sedan helped kickoff the renaissance at Ford’s luxury division when it was unveiled, initially as a concept, at the 2015 New York International Auto Show. However, with dwindling sales and what appears to be a laser-like focus on SUVs at Lincoln, the Continental will be dropped after 2020. It will remain on sale […]