Fully Authorized 4000 Series Shelby Cobra
-23rd car built
-One of the first series of cars authorized by Carroll Shelby
-Signed by Carroll Shelby
-726hp Ernie Elliot 426ci
-Tremec 2KO 600 five-speed manual transmission
-Rare opportunity to own an officially licensed and recognized
-Titled as a 1965
"CSX 4023" is a Shelby Authorized "4000" series Continuation Cobra.
This chassis was built in 1997by Shelby America during the initial
stages of Carroll Shelby's Continuation series cars; this chassis
was the 23rd one built.
This is still on its Original MSO.
This car features:
• "All Aluminum" body
• 462ci all aluminum dry sump engine built by Ernie Elliot pumping
out 740hp on pump gas
• 6-speed Tremec manual transmission
• Dana 44 Independent Rear Axle with 4.27 gear ratio
• Full Penske Coil Over suspension at all four corners
• AP Racing 6-Piston Calipers
• Full Flat Carbon Floor
• Full Carbon Front Splitter
• Full Carbon Rear Diffuser
• Full Shelby Instrumentation
• Carrol Shelby signed the Dashboard
Although the chassis was built during the first series of
"Continuation" cars with Carroll Shelby, this was used as a
development car by HRE for the "AC Iconic Roadster," and then fully
built into this monster a few years ago at a cost of nearly $400k.
The main goal was to be the ultimate street and track car.
This car means business and is a rocket ship on wheels. HRE is one
of the foremost continuation series Shelby Cobra builders and
didn't spare any expenses in building this car.