An original 1966 Chevelle SS that is considerably clean and a head turner. Every little inch of this car has been detailed, polished and or chromed. A complete frame off restoration that was built with pride and passion. The Chevelle was done in multiple coats of candy apple red base with several coats of clear, wet sanded and polished to a mirror finish. Original body panels apart from a few GM replacement panels (one rear quarter and both trunk pans), the car is straight as an arrow. All original trim was polished to show quality and replacement trim and badges are new OEM stock. Front bumpers were re-chromed to a show quality. All original glass with replaced rubber and felt.
- True SS 396 – 138176F117770 VIN
- 396 4 bolt main, 402 CI. NOS fogger system (never used)
Chromed Engine bay. Everything is chromed, polished aluminum or polished stainless steel. All lines are braided. Polished aluminum fan, fan shroud and radiator. Power steering. Dual master cylinder brake system for front disc and rear drums. Underside of hood has polished aluminum to show off the engine bay. Shows extremely well
- Coated Hooker Headers with coated 3 inch dual exhaust. She rumbles and turns heads. Very healthy and responsive
- M22 Muncie Rock Crusher 4 speed, Hurst shifter
- 12 bolt posi, 456 gears
- Undercarriage is detailed in candy apple red and black
- Centerline Convo/Pro wheels mounted on General’s for the rear and Mickey Thompson’s up front
- Trunk area is carpeted and detailed. Custom upholstery on the underside of the trunk lid with stitching – “Heartbeat of America”
- Interior is custom upholstery (door panels, seats, and headliner) stitched in black, gray, and red. “Chevelle” stitching on the head rests of the seats. Five point harness for the two front seats
- New dash was installed. Not the correct mileage on odometer, as the title shows 46K. Additional gauges mounted. AM/FM radio
This Chevelle is of show quality and has been a lot of family fun going to shows and cruise nights. A father and son project, so a lot of pride went into this rebuild. Heated garage kept and pampered for many years. She has been my pride and joy! You can contact Don Franklin at 815-979-5382.