1954 Grumman Kurbside/Kurbmaster panel van - Retrofitted to be a snowball/snoball/shaved ice truck
This head-turning panel van has undergone a full frame-off restoration that took 3 years to complete. NO expense was spared in the restoration. It was done in 2017 and has been driven just over 6,000 miles since. It starts every time and drives beautifully - it'll roll 70 mph down the highway with no problem. We regularly do events within a 150-mile radius of our business and we don't hesitate to drive this truck to far-flung events.
This beauty was built as a snoball/snowball/shaved ice truck, but it could easily be used for any type of food that doesn't need a hood system. It turns heads when it rides down the road and it MAKES CASH when it's set up at events.
Please note: The business name and logos are trademarked and NOT FOR SALE and may NOT be used by the buyer of this truck.
Here is a partial list of the restoration:
-New 350hp Chevrolet small block engine
-New 4 speed automatic transmission
-New door handles and mechanisms
- All new glass windshield and side windows
- All new mirrors & mirror mounts
- All new LED headlights, blinkers and running lights
- Aircraft aluminum body was taken down to raw aluminum, primed and painted - this truck was NOT wrapped with cheap vinyl
- Fully weather-proofed and rust-proofed undercarriage
- All new interior in driver's compartment including new driver's seat, new passenger jump seat and white paneled walls
- New gauges, fuses, switches
- Air conditioning in driver's compartment
- New Bluetooth/AM/FM/CD sound system with four speaker in driver's compartment and four weather-proof exterior speakers that can be switched on and off individually
- Exterior LED lights along upper rain rail that can be switched among several colors and several blinking/color change modes
- Inflatable and deflatable air bags on every corner of the suspension so you can adjust the level of the truck to correct for uneven ground and adjust the ride stiffness
- Auxillary fan on radiator to keep engine cool
- New fuel tank
- 100% all new wiring
- 100% all new LED lights and switches including battery powered lights and electrical powered lights in workspace
- 100% new generator powered electrical system that includes a master switch that will allow the truck to be powered by the generator or by land-based electrical power.
- Honda eu6500 super quiet generator powers the entire truck
- Honda generator runs off truck fuel tank
- Generator compartment is completely screened-off with painted metal screening so the general public cannot touch anything when you're busy working an event.
- Fire suppression system in fully insulated generator compartment
- Complete retrofit of the entire cargo area to include snoball shaver by Snowizard, soft-serve ice cream machine by Sani-Serve.
- Chest freezer in workspace with 24-block carrying capacity
- New serving window with integrated interior glass windows so you can keep the glass window closed (and the conditioned air in) while your serving window is open
- Folding stainless steel exterior serving shelf
- Full diamond-plate floor system with rubber insulation underneath diamondplate flooring
- Stainless steel tables and powder-coated concentrate trays & cup shelving
- All new water system with on/off switch, water tank and easily drainable grey water tank
- Instant hot water heater
- New hard white laminate wall system attached to aluminum stud walls and closed-cell sprayed in insulation behind wall panels
- Fully air-conditioned and insulated food prep/workspace in rear of truck
- New chrome wheels and new tires with very low mileage on them.
This is just a partial list - everything that could be restored on this truck has been restored. It's basically a 2017 truck on an original frame and with the original body.