This is more than a car it's art in motion. Wrapped in vinyl, the "Psychedelic VW" is a 1 of 1 original art piece from Laurence Gartel.
About the artist: https://gartelmuseum.weebly.com/biography.html
- Considered a pioneer of the digital art movement and the godfather of digital art
- Featured at the 2013 NY International Auto Show. See pictures of the bug and other Gartel Art Cars at the event here: https://gartelmuseum.weebly.com/art-cars.html
- Official Artist of the 57th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles 2015
- Commissioned by Tesla, Mercedes, Ferrari, Absolut Vodka, NBA, Coca Cola, Walt Disney and NASA to name a few.
About the car:
Mechanically sound and refreshed. Good driving condition. Yes, the heater boxes are still installed.
The 1600 cc engine:
- New push rods and push rod tubes
- New valve springs
- Heads cleaned
- New piston rings
- The fuel injections system has been removed and replaced with a carburetor
Other mechanical improvements:
- 4 new Coker whitewall tires
- New brakes
- Carburetor has been jetted
- New windshield wipers
- New H-gate for shifter
- $1,700 of electrical work performed by Bruce at McNab Foreign Car in Pompano Beach, FL. Bruce is a VW legend in our area. Low/High beams, blinkers, hazards, wipers, fuel gauge, oil pressure light are all in working order.
There is some light surface rust bubbling through the vinyl in a few spots
I took the car to the 2019 Florida Bug Jam and it was easily the most photographed car at the show. It's fun to drive and gets a lot of attention wherever it goes. If you are looking for something fun to drive on the weekends you won't be disappointed. A true "Love Bug"