This Ole Blue Truck has been in our family for around 54 years.
This is a 1954 Ford F-100 ½ ton. Re-painted 18 yrs ago in her original Glacier Blue.
She has a straight 6 cyl 223 cc, with a 3 speed on the tree. Has been converted to 12 Volt.
She can sure be called pretty Bone Stock and is about 96% original factory build.
This truck was a daily driver for much of that time. The last 27 years here in Montana she has been a summer driver. She still runs and gets down the road. I could pick you up at the airport in decent driving weather.
- The Oak in the bed is older than the truck and came from a wall in the Baxter Hotel in Bozeman Montana.
- The Grill is from a ’55 F-100, someone stole my original one back in the early 80’s
- The Block is the 3rd one, you know that pesky #2 cylinder, but the head is original except for hardened valve seats.
- The Seat was re done in TJ Mexico in the mid 80’s
- She has a 55 Custom cab deluxe heater.
- The wheels are from a ’68 Olds Tornado.
Oddities and Extra’s
----Original Key set !!!!!
-The small amount of surface rust is just exactly that, surface. The worst is pictured and was last fixed 20 years ago, and needs further attention.
- The hood has a 4 inch gash in it from a broken off fan blade’s exit. Still there; I saved the memory.
- Has a small 6 volt fan mounted on the Dash by the original owner, Mr. Rugg
- Turn signals are Signal Stat and were installed in 1955 by the original owner.
- Extra Trans 3 speed, rebuilt by me and a re-built generator.
Radiator Banjo, inner fender liners, suspension parts, intakes, exhaust manifolds, Instrument cluster, Switches, emblems, knobs, ’54 Valence + Plus + NOS seals, window guides, cables and many more parts. ( over 50 total )
I have some of the original providence for the truck, Owners Manual and old receipts, with a little scrounging I would be able to find pictures back to the late 60’s. Truck has lived in southern California and Montana—both Dry areas.
Her name is Gully Jumper and I am asking a Hemming’s median price of $ 15,700 for her.
The Stories are free-------------
Please call; Sparse Miller at 406 579-1209 afternoons only