Owner and former Ford dealer searched far and wide for a solid mid 60’s Ford muscle car to be restored and given that “Old school touch” like when he grew up.
Car was properly raised 3 inches from the standard riding height, and properly re-engineered with new springs, shocks, ball joints, extended trailing arms, and adjustable panhard bar in order to aquire a correct alignment and drive shaft position.
Being born a 390ci it has big brakes-12 inch drums all the way around.
Car was born with a 3 speed manual and changed into a 4 speed (approx 1966) Ford top loader with correct factory shift linkage(the transmission came from a 7 litre).The synchronizers are good and has a new mini starter (needed clearance to put headers on and run exhaust). No obvious reconstruction on the frame, and the floors all appear original, and look good and solid. Owner basically brought the body all the way down to bare metal and upon inspecting it there was one little spot of perforation in the lower left quarter behind the tire that appeared, but not other spots. Owner found and bought at High Line auction through a contact at the auction. Car has original owners manual, and owner information from Arizona. Car also did have Texas inspection stickers which makes sense that it was for the most part a southwestern car.
* 390 c.i. Ford V-8 with 4bbl
* 4 speed manual top loader transmission
* 9 inch rear end non posi 3.00 ratio.
* Radial Tires- rear slightly larger
* Wheel caps
* AM Radio
* Cloth seats
* Manual Choke
* Factory dummy lights
* Gauges (auxiliary)
* Oil pressure
* Water temp
* Power wipers
* Owners manual
* Original correct factory shifter completely rebuilt
* Emergency brake
* Turn signals
* Fuel gauge
* Front seat belts for 2
* 2 set of keys
* New rubber floor
* New headliner
* Painted dash
Body 62E 2 Dr. Sedan Custom
Color F Arcadian Blue
Trim 12 Blue
Date 27E May
DSO 75 Phoenix
Axle 1 3.00 :1 Regular
TR 1 Standard
Buyer are required- To do their own research to verify the researched codes above are correct.
The car did steer very smoothly, and easily only requiring more effort when parking. When starting the car, the choke operation works very well raising the idle slightly, and runs smoothly. The car accelerated nicely, and was performing as it should. Upon braking the car stopped well, and we did not notice any pulsation or pulling to the left or right, or any vibrating. The clutch seemed to work well with proper travel before it in-gauged. Transmission shifted in and out of all 4 gears, and shifted smoother as car warmed up. All the drive train seems to be operating as it was designed to. Brakes where inspected all the way around and have good lining, per owner, cylinders are all in good shape and looks to have been done not to many years ago.
* Brake lights work
* Taillights work
* License plate light works
* Headlights work on high and low beam
* High beam indicator works on dash
* Red oil light on dash works- before starting engine
* Right side blinkers work front and rear
* Left side blinkers work front and rear
* Horn works
* Windshield wipers work
* Emergency brake works and holds
* Manual choke works (chokes engine and raises the idle)
* Heater and fan works
* Am radio works
* Lower vents work on both left and right side
* 4 speed and lock out for revere works
* Auxiliary oil pressure, water temp, volt meter all register. When driving car water temp registers around 170-190 degrees
* Fuel gauge works
* Door and trunk lock cylinders work with keys
* Vent cranks and window cranks all work smoothly