- This is Alan Shepard's Corvette!
- Documented as the real thing
- Was part of the Astronaut Courtesy Car Program in 1968
- Featured in the Corvette Museum this last summer
- Tank Sticker
- Original Order Form
- Disposition letter with Alan Shepard's signature next to the
- Alan Shapard Cape Kennedy Corvette Club application
- Keep in mind this car is mostly original and is being sold as an
- Detailed overview of condition and history
- **View Ray Sinor's verification here MUST SEE**
- CorvetteBlogger Article
- View story by the current owner
Alan Shepard acquired this car from Jim Rathmann Chevrolet in
Melbourne, Florida as part of the Astronaut Courtesy Car Program in
late 1967. Alan got to lease this car for one year for the cost of
$1. He custom ordered it with the highest horsepower option
available- the 427/435hp L89 with tri-power & aluminum heads. Only
624 Corvettes were produced in 1968 with this engine. The current
L89 engine in the car is a dealer warranty replacement that was
installed in the first year of ownership. The old rumors of
Astronauts racing their Corvettes could be true as Alan certainly
blew up his original engine.
This car is mostly original and unrestored. The interior is ruff,
the body is in decent shape and the undercarriage is unrestored.
The engine runs and the brakes work well. We are advertising this
as an unrestored car/astronaut memorabilia piece. Imagine if this
car was restored to its formal glorywhat kind of attention it would
get!This car has extensive documentation (see end of photo gallery)
and detailed verification articles written about it which can be
viewed on our website.
CALL TODAY 720-465-5104