Our client has over $80k invested - offers on inspection invited!
· This TD was purchased by a Mr. M of Coronado, CA in 2008 from Mr. Robert E. Brice of San Diego. The old California pink slip is still with the documentation and indicates Mr. Brice titled the car on 02/22/1974. As there is no “*” year on the pink slip, it appears the car has been in California its entire life.
· Numbers - Commission: DRF 61503; Engine ZPAG/TD2/LHX10924; Chassis 10430; Gearbox 15272; built on September 20, 1951 as a U.S. model-year 1952.
· The car retains one of its California black plates, matching the number on the old title, but the car is currently registered on modern plates.
· Car had a complete frame-off restoration by David Zumstein of Abingdon West, Ltd. The restoration receipts alone total $63,000.
· Mr. M’s widow related that sadly, he never drove the car after its restoration. We received it with 8 miles, all believed to be restorer run-in and test miles. In the course of adjustments, additional running-in, and video production, the odometer is up to 101 miles. (We drive it on nice days for maintenance so expect this to be slightly higher on purchase)
· The drum brakes work fine; she has a firm pedal and stops true.
· The mild patina on the one slender dash-surround bright-work suggests it is original and unrestored.
· Stock TD wheels wear modern 155/80 15 radials.
· Our shop manager, who grew up in a British car shop says he had not seen a restoration to this level on a TD previously.
· Weather equipment includes soft top and side curtains as shown in the photos