Due to a family emergency, we have to stop right in the middle of this restoration project. This truck is ready for the paint shop, and the seats need new upholstery -- the look and feel are completely up to you!
This custom 1960 Ford F100 project includes:
- 1996 Mustang procharged 302 5.0
- Air ride system
- Ford 9-inch rear end with 4 Link system
- Mustang 2 front end
- Edelbrock performer aluminum heads
- New quick fuel carburetor
- Ceramic coated headers
- Everything Chrome or polished
- New radiator, electric fan
- Right Stuff Chrome brake system 4-wheel disc brakes
- Chrome steering column
- Dolphin gauges with ball milled bezel
- Vintage Air air conditioning with stainless braided lines
- Jeep Cherokee seats, 2015 Mustang custom console
- Aluminum driveshaft
- Short bed
- All new window and door weatherstripping, just needs to be installed
- New wheels and tires with custom engraved center caps
And still more metal work is finished. Glass just needs to be re-installed. This truck has the hard to find wrap around rear window.
Pick of the Day is a like-new Ford F100
Purchased from grandfather, vintage pickup finally is heading to a well-deserved retirement
Brothers like to build, and now there’s a dad-and-daughter project in the works, too
Hand-me-down from uncle to nephew is in original and running condition
The yellow-and-maroon paint scheme may not be to everyone’s liking, but the seller of the Pick of the Day, a 1956 Ford F-100, notes that the pickup is a “very original” fat-fender example
My oldest son, Rob, and I purchased an old farm truck that had almost as much rust as it did clean metal.
Let’s say you are buying your dream car, and you really can’t decide between the classic look of an old truck, or a modern muscle car.
So, what do you think is the fastest-growing segment of car collectors? European sports cars? Rare muscle cars? Classics?
An upcoming exhibit tracing the history of Ford F-Series pickup trucks since 1948, announced for January by LeMay seemed like a good jumping-off point for today’s Pick of the Week.