drag-slide thumbnails for quick selection
The Epitome of Luxury!
Coach by Freestone Webb!
All Aluminum Body Bentley!
Original Car with no modifications and an older restoration that
has lasted very well.
These cars were owned by the Very Wealthy of the Era and still
draws many Ooooh's and Aaaah's.
The R-Type was an improvement on Bentley's popular MK VI standard
saloon, and was produced from 1952 until 1955. It has an elongated
trunk which allowed for more sweeping lines.
Very Rare Indeed!
CHASSIS NUMBER 'B101 UL'
Though the Bentley was so expensive and coveted they managed to
produce 2500 units.
ONLY 295 OF THEM WERE 'COACH BUILT BODIES'
Most of them being left hand drives.
OUR EXAMPLE IS AN EARLY BUILT '101' AND A RIGHT HAND DRIVE!
THIS GENERATION 'R-TYPE' REMAINS THE LAST OF THE BENTLEYS TO BE
SOLD WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION.
Beautiful Car with the Ever Appealing Sweeping Lines and Oh, those
Fenders and Headlights!
Very few R-Types were Freestone & Webb! Enjoy this Bentley and
Watch your Investment Grow!
While approximately 80% of R-Type production were delivered with
steel saloon bodies, just over 300 examples left the factory in
bare chassis form. Around thirty are believed to have been bodied
by Northwest London coachbuilder Freestone & Webb, with this
example rendered in aluminum coachwork. The Black and Tan finish
This Car has Full Leather Interior
Push Button Start
Rear Convenience Trays
It's Original Tire Tools
During development it was referred to as the Bentley Mark VII; the
chassis cards for these cars describe them as Bentley 7. The R Type
name which is now usually applied stems from chassis series RT. The
front of the saloon model was identical to the Mark VI, but the
boot (trunk) was almost doubled in capacity. The
engine displacement was approximately 4� litres, as fitted to later
versions of the Mark VI. An automatic choke was fitted to the
R-type's carburettor. The attachment of the rear springs to the
chassis was altered in detail between the Mark VI and the R
For buyers looking for a more distinctive car, a decreasing number
had custom coachwork available from the dwindling number of UK
coachbuilders. These ranged from the grand flowing lines of
Freestone and Webb's conservative, almost prewar shapes, to the
practical conversions of Harold Radford which including a clamshell
style tailgate and folding rear seats.
All R Type models use an iron-block/aluminium-head straight-six
engine fed by twin SU Type H6 carburettors. The
basic engine displaced 4,566 cc (278.6 cu in) with a 92 mm (3.62
in) bore and 114.3 mm (4.50 in) stroke. A four-speed manual
transmission was standard with a four-speed automatic option
becoming standard on later cars.
Location:Saratoga Springs, New York
- Interior Color:Burgundy
- Stock Number:130