This original steel body 1929 Ford 2 Door Sedan is a cherry Street Rod and is finished with Canary Yellow paint and a cream vinyl interior with pile carpet light Beige color.
The car was purchased in 1997 in Fairfax Virginia and car was just a shell project. The vehicle was just that - a shell. There was nothing inside the vehicle including no wiring, seats or dashboard. The vehicle was put together to make sure everything fit right and had straight lines. After a complete fit, the vehicle was taken apart and pieces were taken to the body paint shop and all the cracks and edges were painted with the Carny Yellow base coat. This was done to make sure there were no paint gaps when the fenders, running boards, hood, and other body parts were put back together. After the body was together the car was taken back to the body paint shop for the base coat and two coats of clear coat.
As the car was being put together the owner found out the engine was froze up and he replaced it with a new 350ci Chevrolet V8 Goodwrench engine. A late model 1986 tune port injection (TPI) was installed in the vehicle. This fuel injection computer driven Street Rod provides you no more pumping on pedal to get the carburetor full of fuel. Just turn the key and the computer does the rest for you. The computer is located under the passenger seat for easy access to the code reader plug for easy diagnostics in event of a problem. An addition engine warning light is installed on the dash for easy viewing.
This Street Rod is a real cruiser. When 40 MPH is reached the computer shifts the 700R4 transmission in to overdrive for a smooth ride.
Talk about chrome – this Street Rod has chrome, chrome, chrome and more chrome. There is lots of chrome or polished items in the interior, body, under carriage, and engine.
This vehicle has everything as shown below including an AVIC Pioneer GPS system. This system has a large hard drive for music and has a back up camera for easy parking at car shows or other places. You can use the system to enjoy watching a DVD movie while at a car show. The unit has voice-activated commands so you will have hands free phone and the unit also has an external plug for an iPod.
Take this Street Rod to a car show and this car will bring home the gold. This car has won many trophies.
This Street Rod is no Trailer Queen. The car was a daily driver until the owner’s health prevented driving on a daily basis.
Included in the sale is the Installation and User Manuals for the AVIC GPS System. Also, included are all the wiring diagrams and owner maintenance records.
Other major features of this Street Rod include:
- Steel (original body).
- Top Chopped 3 inches.
- Steel Running Board.
- Steel Hood.
- Running Board Splash Aprons (steel) with 3 1/2 inch louvers.
- 1932 Fiberglass Radiator Shell with Stainless Steel insert.
- Fiberglass Fenders.
- Paint - Canary Yellow Base Coat (Deltron 2000 - DBC833000H) - 2 coats of clear.
- Black Vinyl top.
- Walker Radiator, 16 inch Electric Fan, adjustable Thermostat, and 15 inch polished overflow tank.
- Vintage air conditioner.
- Polished Stainless Steel flex hose kit.
- 2 inch Stainless Steel exhaust system - Golden Turbo Mufflers – 4 inch round Meg's exhaust tips.
- Shaved door handles - Amenity remote entry system. Two FOB’s convey and hidden remote door openers.
- American Auto wire System Fuse Panel used in wiring the vehicle.
- Hidden door hinges.
- Stainless Steel hood props.
- Billet Third Brake Light mounted in the rear window.
- Bright LED brake lights.
- California Car Cover.
- Boxed Frame.
- Rock Valley Fuel Tank (steel) – with an electric fuel pump.
- 7 dual diaphragms Brake Booster with disc brakes in front and drums in the rear.
- Weld Racing Polished Aluminum Wheels.
- 9 inch Ford Differential.
- Coil over chrome Shocks in the rear and chrome Shocks in the front.
- Mono Leaf (single leaf) Chrome Spring.
- Chrome 2 inch dropped tubular front axle.
- Chrome A-Arms.
- Chrome Parallel 4-links.
- Chrome Tie Rod.
- Good Wrench Crate Motor – 350ci Chevy Small Block with 1986 IROC Tune Port Injection (TPI).
- Chrome 100 amp Alternator.
- Chrome/polished Water Pump, Idler Pulleys, and A/C Compressor.
- S&P polished milled Valve Covers and polished milled Wire Looms.
- Thermal barrier coating inside and outside Headers.
- Lokar Engine Dip Stick and Lokar TPI Throttle Cable.
- Crossfire HEI Distributor Cap with Taylor Ignition Wires (yellow).
- Engine Firewall is polished Stainless Steel.
- Remote Starter Button.
- Deltron Battery Hookup (Tender conveys with car).
- Battery Hookup for easy jump starting under front fender.
- Chevy 700R4 Transmission.
- Lokar Shifter with neutral safety switch.
- Lokar Emergency Brake.
- Lokar Transmission Dip Stick.
- Front seats from a Subaru and rear seats from Honda.
- Interior (Cream Vinyl A1844). Pile Carpet is a light color Beige.
- Interior Vinyl extra material 69 X 54 conveys with sale.
- Pioneer AVIC-3 GPS navigation system with 60gb hard drive
- with blue tooth for phone and iPod (32 Pin) installed. Has a hard drive that stores music. The unit can play DVD movies.
- Back up Camera.
- Power windows front and rear.
- In dash mounted air conditioner.
- Specialty Power Windows (front and rear).
- Polished Traffic Light Viewer mounted on dash.
- VDO (Cockpit White) gauges with a custom instrument cluster (6 gauges).
- Ididit polished steering column with LeCarra 4 spoke double slot steering wheel.
- Lokar Accelerator and Brake Pedal.
- Juliano's Beige lap seat belts.
- Wide view rear view mirror.
- Chrome fire extinguisher.
- Overhead map light.