FS/ FT - 1967 Camaro RS/SS clone, 7.4L 461cu, one of a kind resto - $37,500 (Battle Ground, WA)
43,000 original miles on the car / less than 5,000 on the re-build. Hasn't seen a raindrop since 1980. This is not a fresh restoration, and all work / paint is about 10 years old.
This car was built for the best of both worlds - You can take it on the freeway, or the local car show...and it will exceed your expectations in both environments.
With the exception of the paint striping & rear quarter louvers its a factory correct RS/SS clone...BUT was cloned from all three years of the first-gen cars (67-69), and uses the best attribute from each year. Yes this was done on purpose, it was done professionally, and you will never see another first gen camaro like it.
- '67RS taillights - full lens taillight ('68/'69 models had a divider line down the middle)
- '67RS backup lights - no backup lights were factory available on '67 non-RS models)
- '68RS grille - wider than the '67RS grille, and when an RS/SS package were factory combined in '68 the grille was black instead of chrome, and the RS grille badges were replaced with SS...as is was correctly done here. NOTE: headlights have been upgraded to high intensity H4 Xenon bulbs 130/90w)
- '68RS rear spoiler D80 option code - no spoiler was offered with any trim package in '67, and the spoiler from '69 wouldn't fit due to narrower rear quarters
- '68RS lower front spoiler D80 option code - no lower spoiler was available in '67
- '68RS front and rear bumpers - bumpers in '67 & '69 had ugly bumper guards
- '68RS trim package (rare) Z22 option code
- '68 model side mirrors - rectangular instead of circular
- '69SS steel cowl hood (no cowl induction hood was offered until '69, and only on the SS, COPOS, and Pace Cars. NOTE: cowl induction system is brand new, with fully functioning flapper valves.
POWERPLANT: 7.4L / 454 big block engine bored to 461cu, TRW forged flat top pistons, oval port heads, steel crank, Edelbrock performer intake and cam combo, 750 Holley 4 barrel carburetor with a 3310 vacuum secondary. 2.25" Hooker Super Comp headers feed a (brand new) 2.25" Flow Master dual exhaust with custom tail pipes and stainless tips. Transmission is a Turbo 400 3spd automatic with B&M Quiksilver shifter, and stock converter & cooler. Radiator was replaced with a heavy duty 4 row, and a 396 fan shroud. Also has a newly installed and fully functioning COWL INDUCTION system from Classic Industries, and new hood insulation kit. Chrome dress includes: timing cover, valve covers and oil dipstick.
CHASSIS- 396 heavy duty front coil springs, and multi-leaf rears. Rear end has been substantially beefed up with a Ford 9" geared at 3:25 with posi-trac. Power steering, FULL front and rear disc brake conversion, and rear air shocks.
- Brand new OEM carpets and SS454 floor mats
- Deluxe center console with B&M Quicksilver shifter
- Brand new headliner
- Brand new door panels
- Brand new rear deck with 6x9 speakers
- Brand new stereo with detachable faceplate (AM/FM/CD/MP3)
- Brand new Alpine 5" speakers in front kicker panels
- Trunk is fully finished with sound deadener, custom panels & carpet
- The strato bucket seats were replaced with SS seats, then trimmed in factory Bolero red paint to match the exterior
- Door panel trim is also in Bolero red, as is the B&M shifter emblem, brake calipers, SS grille emblem, and SS gas cap.
- Brand new Dakota Digital HDX Instruments (http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=1041/category_id=422/mode=prod/prd1041.htm)
TIRES & WHEELS
- Comes with BOTH sets of tires and wheels. All are BRAND NEW.
- Stock tires are 275/60/15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's in the back and 225/70/15 in front
- Stock wheels are 15x7 GM Rallys in front, and 15x8 Cvette Rallys in the rear
- Aftermarket wheels / tires are MB Ol' Skools wrapped Bridgestone Potenzas - 265/35/R20 rears / 235/40/R18 up front - transferable structural and chrome finish warranty
- All badges and emblems are brand new
- Z22 option code includes chrome wheel wells, chrome rocker trim, and chrome window trim & sills
CONS: glass has some scratches, paint has some minor blemishes, tear in the drivers seat
The car has clean title as a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Sport Coupe. lol...title is about the only thing on this car that was not modified!
- If I remember correctly the motor was from a '72 Chevy Truck
- Front coil springs - HD 396 springs (donor car unknown)
- Front discs & Spindles are '72 Nova
- Rear discs are Lincoln Versaille (unknown yr...think '77, and this would match up with the Ford 9" rear end that Lincoln used on this car)