drag-slide thumbnails for quick selection
1979 Jeep CJ-5
With the government buying the design from 1940 for the 4-wheel
drive vehicle used to fight the Nazis, the Willys company and Ford
were called upon to produce the vehicle. The original name is
thought to have come from the coding of GPW, where G is Government,
P is the wheelbase, and W is for Willys company from whom the
license for the design came. The term CJ revers to Civilian Jeep,
where after the war, these vehicles were made available to the
general public, hence the code CJ.
For consignment, a generation 5 version of the Civilian Jeep which
had a full frame-off restoration in 2007. A mere 4,000 miles have
been logged on and off road since, but it presents beautifully, and
has some nifty custom upgrades.
From the House of Color, Kandy Apple Tangerine drapes this
restoration, and up front we see the iconic flat grille with round
headlights flanking it. This was actually a Ford design and has
come to be an association with all the CJ line. Very straight steel
totally rust free and even dent free covers this truck, that has
black plastic mud guards protruding from each fender. Underneath we
see 31" tires all around and these are accommodated by a 2" lift.
Two additional KC High intensity lights have been added to the
sides of the front bumper and help light the way on a dark trail.
The top of the car is a stretched black vinyl and keeps some of the
elements out. Side pipes are seen on either side protruding
A thorough covering of Rhino Lining has been sprayed on all
interior surfaces. Add a killer stereo with a boom box in the rear,
and you can listen to your favorite tunes during your climb to the
top...of the trail. A new tub, wiring harness, windshield,
speedometer, and gauges housed in a beautiful Apple Tangerine dash,
which is fronted by newly recovered orange bolstered black seats. A
full roll bar has also been installed. Another sound blaster is
seen in front of the shifters for the manual transmission and 4WD
With a 1972 304ci V8, rebuilt in 1997, along with a T-15 3-speed
manual transmission also rebuilt in 1997, there is plenty of power
for climbing or cruising on these knobbies.
Save for some water spots, completely rust free and structurally
solid. Power drum brakes all around, and 2 solid differentials
How about a turnkey fully restored rust free, mechanically sound
4-wheeler that will go virtually anywhere, and all in Tangerine,
now that's a dream!
F-3 Speed Manual
C-258 2BBL I6
814408-Sequential Unit Number
Classic Auto Mall is a 336,000-square foot classic and special
interest automobile showroom, featuring over 300 vehicles for sale
with showroom space for up to 1,000 vehicles. Also, a 400 vehicle
barn find collection is on display.
This vehicle is located in our showroom in Morgantown,
Pennsylvania, conveniently located just 1-hour west of Philadelphia
on the I-76 Pennsylvania Turnpike. The website is
www.classicautomall.com and our phone number is (888) 227-0914.
Please contact us anytime for more information or to come see the
vehicle in person.
- Interior Color:Black
- Stock Number:1314