To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION WITHOUT RESERVE at RM Sothebys' The
Petersen Automotive Museum Auction event, 8 December 2018.
$35,000 - $40,000
- Factory left-hand-drive example
- Front disc brakes; Maxtel fog lights
- Retains its matching-numbers engine
- Accompanied by Morgan Chassis Record
? Lots with this symbol indicate that RM Sotheby's owns the lot in
whole or in part or has an economic interest in the lot equivalent
to an ownership interest.
Morgan introduced the Plus 4 in 1950 at the Earls Court Motor Show
as the replacement model for the 4/4. The new Plus 4 was built on a
strengthened version of the outgoing 4/4 chassis, which was also
lengthened by four inches. It featured a more powerful engine as
well as hydraulic brakes. The Morgan Plus 4 was produced from 1950
to 1969, during which time less than 5,000 examples were
This 1960 Morgan Plus 4 was shipped to the U.S. on 13 July 1960. It
was sold through the well-known Fergus Imports of New York. The car
originally left the factory painted blue with black leather
upholstery. A U.S.-specification left-hand-drive example, the
Morgan was originally equipped with disc brakes.
Today the car is presented in red with a black interior and red
top. The exterior features Maxtel fog lights, wind wings, driver
mirror, and rear luggage rack. The Morgan rides on Kelly Steel
Belted Metric tires that are mounted on painted wire wheels; front
disc brakes bring the car to a safe stop. The simple, yet nicely
appointed interior features a Bluemel Brooklands steering wheel and
Smiths instrumentation. The car is accompanied by its Morgan
Chassis Record and the Morgan Plus 4 instruction book.To view this
car and others currently consigned to this auction, please visit
the RM website at rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/ca18.
Location:Culver City, California
- Stock Number:728590