1982 Classic Mini with a 1380 engine and a convertible
conversion done by Keith's Conversions in the UK. This Mini was
legally imported as a 25+-year-old classic and has a
clear title with current registration. The original British
registration plate is on the front of the car. The previous owner
engraved the plate number on the bottom of the front
windshield. Bought this car in England and converted to left
hand drive. The walnut dash and Smiths gauges from Minispares
were installed at the same time. It’s been constantly
improved each year since 2010. Reluctant sale. Only selling as I
have too many cars which don't get driven enough.
Upgrades I can remember are listed below:
- New free flow header and complete muffler with flex pipe from
- GB alloys with nearly new tires. Also included a spare GB wheel
- Roller rockers, coil, new distributor and high output
- Silicone hoses and new alloy radiator with a high capacity
water pump. Also has an auxiliary electric fan with on/off switch
to use in stop and go traffic.
- All oil and fuel lines as well as brake hoses are steel
braided. This includes the oil pressure gauge feeder
- Entire front suspension, with new rubber cones, genuine Hi-Lo
struts, drive flanges, bearings, adjustable arms, grooved 8.4 brake
discs, and pads, are all new as of last year. Rear brakes are
also new with Minifin drums shoes and wheel cylinders. All are
upgraded parts from Minispairs. New KYB silver shocks were
installed in 2015 on all 4 wheels with new wheel bearings.
- Optional front plastic inner fender liners from Minispears was
also installed at the same time. This makes the front wheel
wells much neater and allows less road noise into the cabin..
- The last thing done was an alignment in March and it is 4 wheel
adjustable for tow, camber, and castor. The car drives dead
straight and is very maneuverable with light steering.
- New convertible top last year in black. The vinyl parts on the
body were also replaced and any rust underneath fixed. The old
burgundy top is also included and is still very good with no
- Fuses have been converted to modern blade fuses with a new fuse
- Added engine and transmission steady bars with poly bushings.
Everything is tight and quiet.
- The interior door cards, seats and steering wheel are from
a Mini Mayfair which was bought used as a set. It matchers
the car perfectly and as pictured the interior is in very
nice condition. The 4 speaker Pioneer CD Radio, in an
original Rover radio housing, works very well with the top up or
- New late model genuine Rover trunk tray finishers of the trunk
making it usable.
There are probably a multitude of things I am forgetting to
list. Everything works as it should.
The only area of rust is a small section under the front windshield
rubber. All other rust has been fixed. A modified trailer to haul
this Mini is pictured. I have used this trailer to transport this
Mini over 5000 total miles with a 4 cylinder Toyota Tacoma with
absolutely no issues. The trailer and car combined weigh less than
3000 lbs. One person can load and tie down the car on trailer
easily. You can trailer it or drive it back to your location even
if it’s on the West Coast with no problem.
The trailer is also included in the listed price. This is NOT
a project car but one you can drive every day. You will be hard
pressed to find a better Mini for this asking price.
Location:Fayetteville, North Carolina
Exterior Color:Knight-Fire Red
- Interior Color:Black
- Engine Size:Inline 4
- Title Status:Clear
- Aftermarket Wheels:Yes
- Restoration History:Unrestored
- Exterior Condition:Very Good
- CD Player:Yes
- AM/FM Radio:Yes
- Power Brakes:Yes
- Electronic Ignition:Yes
- Engine History:Original
- Engine Condition:Running
- Drive Train:Front-wheel drive