Up for sale is a 1931 Model A DELUXE roadster
This frame off restoration started 30 years ago by the previous
owner. He was a friend and vendor of mine. He was closing his
business and he had the partially restored California car under
cover in his warehouse. He had the body painted by a 7 time award
wining Pebble Beach painter. He paid 20+ years ago over $20,000.00
for the paint job alone. He restored the engine and rear axle
assembly. When I purchased it from him it was the main body on a
specially built trailer and the other parts were in boxes that were
well organized. I am not a Ford expert so I took the car and all of
its parts to "Micrometer Mike" in the high desert of California. He
used to work for Pete & Jakes who built custom Fords for may years.
I also hired Jim "Jake" Jacobs as a consultant on the restoration.
They went through all the parts and made suggestions ......and I
gave them a free hand to "Do it Right". They replaced all the brake
drums with the newer cast iron drums, new bearings, and hubs. They
suggested I purchase a MITCHELL SYNCHRONIZED MODEL-A
TRANSMISSION...which I did in level three. This
transmission is syncro in 2nd and third gears made more for
"flat land touring." They also suggested a performance intake
manifold and Webber carb to give it a little more umph. I put a
leather interior and top by Lebaron Bonney into this car. Mr. Ron
Mangus did the upholstery installation right. I
built this car to tour.
I think they did a marvelous job on the restoration and since then there are less than 200 miles driven. I have not driven it in over a year so its time to pass it on to someone who will drive it.
The car is sold as-is where-is with no warranties expressed or implied.
Inspections are welcome and encouraged. A $500.00 deposit by paypal is required in 24 hours and full payment in 7 days or less by cash in person or a certified bank cashiers check from a known bank in the USA.
I have spent north of $50,000.00 on this restoration.....so bid to win.
Included is a top quality California car cover.
Here is a more detailed list of the parts used and improvements made.
1. Mitchell Manufacturing Model A Syncro Transmission #3 ratio w/ late tower & upgrade chrome gear shift stick $1960.00
2. Rechrome original headlight buckets & rings, Cowl lamp buckets and rings, tail light housings and bezels, Stanchions, outside door handles and bezels $798.00
3. 12 Volt Stewart Warner horn $275.00
4. New 1931 Running Boards $265.00
5. New Steering shaft w/ worm $163.00 (steering gearbox was completely rebuilt)
6. New Coker Firestone Black tires 475/500-19 $902.00
7. LeBaron Bonney leather upolstery, new springs and boards, and convertible top $4632.00
8. Installation by Ron Magnus top and seats $1400.00
9. Snyders turn signal kit, 12 volt fuel pump, distributor parts and electrical parts $719.00
10. New battery & fuel lines $192.00
11. High Compression cylinder head 5.5-1 $295.00
12. Sacramento Vintage Ford special order Weber carb / manifold $629.00
13. Amish made rear trunk and base bracket $650.00
Included with the vehicle is a very detailed list of what was done and what parts were used.