Last Year of C1 Corvette with Full Trunk, 2 Sets of Tires and Wheels, Performance and Appearance Upgrades, Frame off Restoration.
Current family has owned for approx. 10 plus years. Last owner was a good friend and lives only 10 miles away, and previous owner to him was only 60 miles away. Owner has two binders of past records. Owner and friends (both Corvette specialist) performed maintenance, and chassis restoration. The body and interior has mostly been left stock, but included as we would call kinda “Old School” with the type of wheels and engine modifications that where very typical in days past with these cars and is again very popular today.
* AM/FM Radio with CD and MP3 Player
* 2 Sets of Tires and Wheels
* Performance and Appearance Upgrades
* Speaker Upgrades
* Seat Belts
* Center Air Vent
For more information contact Chad @ 330-353-1750, or see 206 photos at www.autoconnectioncars.com
Block Casting- 3959512- See pictures
* Headlights work on high and low, and the high beam indicator on the dash does light up
* All four taillights work
* Left blinker front and back works
* Right blinker front and back works
* Locking mechanism for the hood staying up and the hood release does work, and is adjusted correctly.
* The locks on the back of the hood work
* Vent between the hood and windshield opens and closes as it should from lever
* Passenger and drivers window go up and down smoothly
* Both interior door releases open on both sides
* Parking brake does set and release, and hold firmly
* Gas gauge has dropped since we drove car, and seems to be working
* Car has mechanical fan on the engine , and has auxiliary fan in front of it that is to kick in when it gets up to a certain point( this was used for parades)
* Starting cold the oil (around 1500 rpm), pressure at 60 lbs. Upon idle with the engine hot the oil pressure is around 35.
* Ignition switch seems to work properly in the on/off and start positions, but we where not able to get it to revert back into to the lock position
* Fan seems to be working, and pulling lever out for defrost it seems to work
* The temperatures lever pulls out and the air on appears to be a little sticky
* The top is mechanical and hand operated and does go up and down properly, and all 4 latches work fine.
* Trunk does lock and unlock with same key as ignition
* Clock does not work
* Title indicates “Non Actual” Mileage
The car starts and appears to be running correctly. The car does have a little bit of lumpiness to it, which feels like a performance camshaft. It accelerates very nicely, and runs as you would expect it to. The clutch catches easily, and not far up from the floor. It has medium resistance but works very smooth and seems to be operating properly. The transmission shifted into reverse and into all 4 forward speeds very smoothly without issue. Upon braking it is a 4 drum set up that appear to be adjusted well, and it stops very nicely with minimal effort. The steering is manual and has a very quick precise feel to it and seems to be set up properly as you get a response very quickly without a lot of play in the steering. Not easy to parallel park but a very fun car to drive. Chad drove it several times for approx 15 miles total.
The Pick of the Day looks ready for top-down pleasure
Other upcoming events (aside from those in Monterey) include Corvettes at Carlisle, the Milwaukee Concours and a few street rod extravaganzas
GM design chief says Stingray orders are close to capacity
Richard Petty’s Plymouth Superbird NASCAR racer and first 1967 Corvette L88 are among the star cars at the auction
Chief engineer: We couldn’t promise enough volume for a supplier to make the investment
Chevy provides a sneak peak at the upcoming roadster version of the C8
Chevrolet removes the camouflage from its 2020 Stingray
Chevrolet will host seminar about the new sports car design, followed by showing at the public event
Mecum to auction sports car donated by retired Colorado couple