200 6 cyl., 3-speed, All Original, Runs Very Well, Recent Tune
Up, Garage Kept, Private Owner Since 1990, Clear NC
- Engine - 200 inline 6 runs very well and smooth. Recently
received a complete tune up (wires, plugs, points, cap, rotor,
valve adjustment, timing, carb adjustments) and a completely new
cooling system (radiator, pump, thermostat, hoses). New oil
change. Idles and runs smooth to factory specs. Has good oil
pressure, does not smoke or rattle, and does not overheat. No major
- Transmission - factory 3-speed. Shifts and operates as it
should. Clutch or transmission have not been overhauled during
- Suspension - retains all original suspension components; no
replacements or overhaul since ownership; overall drives
- Brakes - retains original brake components with servicing done
over the years. Next owner should thoroughly bleed and check system
if the car is going to be operated more frequently. Emergency
brakes do work.
- Tires - tires are older than 10 years and while OK for
going to town and back should be replaced
- Mechanicals - all mechanicals work (lights, windows, doors,
locks, gauges, etc.)
- Body and Underside - This mustang is clean but is a driver
quality 10-15 footer. The car was painted the dark blue in the
pictures from its original butternut yellow in the early 90's. It
is single stage and was meant to be a driver. It has some rust in
the usual mustang areas. Around the rear quarter panel wheel wells,
corner of the door, under battery tray. Frame rails front to back
are solid. Front radiator core support is not rusted as many do
near the battery. Firewall and front floor pan are in good shape.
Rear floor pan and some of trunk pan area have softened over the
years. The rockers are below average. There is minor surface rust
on most of the underside. Panel fits are original with no
indication of original panels repaired and the car is straight.
Fitment is original. Presents itself well overall.
- Chrome and moulding - original mouldings, emblems, wheels, and
bumpers with some imperfections.
- Interior - presents well. Is in very good shape. Seats retain
their original vinyl well and have no tears. Carpet has faded and
should be replaced. Headliner, door panels, and dash are in good
shape and retain most of their original feel. All the dash
- This car is owned privately, has a clear north carolina title
ready for sale, and has been garage kept.
- This mustang is probably not a major restoration candidate
because its a T-code 6 cylinder, but it drives well and ideal for
someone who wants a clean, original, unmolested mustang without the
hassle of the upkeep of a fully restored car or the price tag of
trying to restore it. Some areas of the car can be improved and
could also be ideal for an entry level hobbyist who wants to try
their hand at small restorative projects to keep the car
maintained. Sorting tires, brakes, and any needed suspension items
and this car can be driven reliably daily. The motor is strong and
runs well and the 3-speed operates as it should. The major
mechanicals needed to pass inspection are there.