2009 SL63 AMG with AMG Performance Package
If you're reading this, you already know how special the SL63 AMG is. You've probably seen it when it was featured on Jay Leno's Garage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRm82yJx4zc. I don't need to tell you how immense the power band is, or how your adrenaline spikes as you squeeze the throttle and unleash all five-hundred and eighteen horsepower from the 6.3L V8. The Edmunds.com Editor only put one thing in the "Con's" list: "This car is too fast for it's own good!" Clearly he wasn't a true AMG guy.
I'm sure you're well aware of the exceptional attention to detail that Mercedes' AMG team puts into this classy yet understated supercar. We've added a video, but if you haven't heard an AMG V8's exhaust note in person, you would be shocked at how much it sounds like a muscle car.
To my fellow AMG connoisseurs, you're in good company. This car was hand picked by the owner for him to drive personally, which is why no expense was spared tracking down the rare AMG Performance package, and every other package and option that was available. As with nearly all of his personal cars however, everything is for sale.
This car is a $150,000 car brand new. It only has 48k miles on the odometer, a clean title, and a sale price of less than a third of that window sticker. As Jay Leno mentions in the video linked above, these cars settle after the first few years of depreciation, and hold their value surprisingly well! You won't find a better value of performance, luxury, style, excitement, and price.
Features and Options
•�6.3L V8 producing 518hp, 465 ft lb torque
• Rare AMG Performance Package ($14,220) adds :
• Rear Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
• 15.4-inch Compound Ceramic Brakes
•�AMG Package 19" Wheels
• Increased 186mph top speed limiter
• AMG dual-clutch 7-speed gearbox
• Premium Package ($3050)
• Radar Front and Rear Parking Assistance ($1140 package)
• Adjustable performance settings from Comfort to Sport+
• Fully automatic hardtop convertible
• Multicontour massaging sport seats with multiple lumbar and bolster adjustments
• Active Bi-Xenon Headlamps
• Dual-zone automatic climate control (with sensors that detect sun position, roof and window position, humidity/dew point and the number of vehicle occupants)
• Power Trunk Closer
• Airscarf head restraints that blow warm air on occupants' necks for comfortable top-down cruising in cool weather
•�Active Suspension System
• Navigation System
•�Heated Rain-Sensing Wipers and Washer Nozzle
• Harmon Kardon Logic7 surround-sound stereo with six-CD/DVD changer, iPod integration, SD memory card reader and an in-car hard drive for digital music storage
• 19 Inch AMG Wheels
• AMG Exterior and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
• Power Wind Deflector
•�Keyless Entry with push-button start
Finished in original Iridium Silver with Ash AMG Premium Leather interior
The Pick of the Day could scratch the itch for a true high-performance exotic
Mercedes-Benz was flush with the success of its 300 SL “Gullwing” coupe, known internally as W198, after it was introduced in 1954.
Offered without a reserve at the 46th annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction, this 1955 Mercedes-Benz 190SL roadster is from the Charlie Thomas collection.
The Mercedes-Benz 190SL is a two-door luxury roadster produced from 1955 to 1963. The 190SL provided an attractive and more-affordable alternative to the Mercedes-Benz 300SL.
The Hobel, a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL so nicknamed because its front-end design reminded people of a carpenter’s plane, returns to the site of one of its record-breaking for the Solitude Revival 2015.
The Mercedes-Benz 300 SL “gullwing” coupe is one of the world’s most iconic cars, its upward-lifting doors that began as an engineering solution setting it apart.
Elsewhere among car museums, alternative motorcycles, French curves and Packard’s demise
Grand prize includes a 1965 Sting Ray and 2018 Grand Sport
Most powerful and quickest factory version to arrive later this year