Need it Shipped? Get a Free Quote
Premium Auto Shipping To Your Door. Shipping Times Guaranteed!
We are asking for your email address so that a copy of the quote can be directly emailed to you, and your rate can be locked in for 30-days.
5-Day Shipping (Standard)
Offering my rare and desirable 1941 Mercury
Convertible! One of only 8157 built and one of the few left
in stock configuration. This car is an original rust free car
coming from the Leo Gephart Collection of Scottsdale
Arizona to me with an Arizona title in the name of Leo
Gephart. It appears that I am the second private owner of the
It was selected as the "Car of the Month" by Vintage Auto
Garage, San Ramon, California. Gephart's collection was
featured in the 2008 Hemmings Classic Car Collection and won every
car show it entered including the prestigious Wayzata 50's
Fever Collectors Choice and Drivability Awards.
- Installed new totally rebuilt 1953 Mercury
flathead. HP increased to 145 from the original
65HP. Engine was treated to a $10K rebuild
by "Headquarters Machine and Restoration"
during the winter of 2016-2017. Less than
50 miles since restoration. The stock 1953 Mercury Flathead
had 145hp---The 1953 Mercury Flathead in this car has 205hp by
adding the following: Bore +.080 over = +15hp
Offenhauser High Compression Heads = +15hp
Offenhauser Intake Manifold with twin
Stromberg carburetors = +15hp Silver
CeramicSanderson Block Hugger Exhaust Manifolds
with twin Porter Exhaust = +10hp
Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition = +5hp
- Vintage Auto Garage electrical
system converted 6v-12v.
- Power Master 12v Performance
- Cooling by custom Be-Cool
large aluminum radiator and a Maradyne fan on temperature
- Electric fuel pumps. New fuel system with new
aluminum fuel tank and lines
- GM TURBO-HYDRAMATIC 700R
automatic 4 speed transmission with over drive (5 speeds
- At full song in over drive releases at
- 9" Ford C7AW-E Truck/Car Differential with
- Wilwood 11" ventilated,
drilled slotted rotors w/ power assist.
- Wilwood 4-piston Red Calipers
front & rear.
- The stopping prowess of braking is race car
quality. No fade.
- All suspension components are either polished
stainless or chrome-
- Heidts Superide front suspension with
polished stainless upper and lower control arms.
Mustang II Rack and
pinion BSM Power steering.
- Mustang II stock height
- Heidts Coil-Over adjustable
shocks with chrome springs.
- Heidts front sway bar.
- Ride-Tech Paralled 4 link Polished
Stainless bars locating rear axel.
- Ride-Tech coil over adjustable
front and rear shocks.
HEADLIGHTS AND TURN
- 12v turn signal controls front series of Gold
LED lights across the bottom of the 12v.7" Halogen headlights and
through the Blue Dot tail lights.
- Wheel Smith Vintage Mercury 6"
front, 8" rear with original inside and outside Chrome Beauty
- Diamond Black Classic Michelin
Radials: Front 215/70R16-2.75" wide white wall Rear
265/70R16-3.25 wide white wall.
- New Wheel Smith Vintage 6 & 8
inch wheels replaced original 4 1/2 skinny inch
- Wheels were made special order for this car by
Wheel Smith and from a side view, look exactly like the original
- The 16" Wheel Smith special order for this car
had the offset built into the wheel negating the need for wheel
- Rotisserie stripped and
painted after suspension mounts were welded in
- NO rust, NO bondo or damage history found on
frame or body panels.
- New Wilton English Red Wool
padding. Seats were as is original all red
- All new glass windows, all new chrome door
handles and keyed alike door, ignition and trunk
- 12v electric wiper motors replace sluggish
- Original heater and defroster
- Top is original(?) white with glass rear window
and red piping.
- All dash instruments work and are rheostat
controlled. Clock was changed to new quartz movement and refuses to
- The clandestine remote controlled Sony
radio/disc player works well hidden behind the center dash chrome
Over-All Impression: If all the above
parts were laid out and assembled by master technicians, you would
have a factory new 1941 Mercury Convertible with
2016-2018 power and drivability. These are the features of
arguably the finest 1941 Mercury Convertible on the road
today. No cost limits were placed on this restoration. The owner
finds excuses to drive the car daily in season. It's a delightful
and dependable ride. The car acquits itself well at, or often
above, legal limits. Highway driving is as if the car is on tracks.
It drives straight and smooth. You just point the car in the
direction you want to go, and with out any conscious steering
input, the car just goes there. Remarkable control. The car does
well as a show car or daily driver in season. Pulls trophies
at every show. This is a very rare Mercury and would be a
complement to any collection. At age 85 it's time to release
my favorite piece of Automotive History. I drove competition
Formula SCCA for twenty some years in the Central division and this
car is almost as much fun as that was and a whole lot
All the invoices from the restoration are
available for inspection. The original invoices for the car and
total restoration add up to >$165,000. As
new---none finer. This car has never allowed smoking; no ice or
snow. Price Reduction: $65,000 OBO. Come and drive
it, check out the Arizona title and write the check and drive home
with a semi permanent smile that will take the mortician several
days to get off.
- Interior Color:Red
- Engine Size:V-8
- Stock Number:19A
- Trim Level:as original from factory
- Title Status:Clear
- Restoration History:Fully Restored
- Exterior Condition:Excellent
- Seat Material:Leather
- CD Player:Yes
- AM/FM Radio:Yes
- Power Brakes:Yes
- Power Steering:Yes
- Engine History:Replaced
- Engine Condition:Running
- Drive Train:Rear-wheel drive