Backgrounds of this model
- With the Silver Spur Centenary the production of the 100,000th Rolls-Royce was celebrated together with the centenary of the British Motor Industry. 25 Replicas of this Silver Spur Centenary were made that were exactly similar, with the exception of the commemorative plaque.
- 9 Of these 25 cars are delivered to the homemarket Great Britain, 12 to the United States, 1 to Saudi Arabia, 1 to Dubai, 1 to Monaco and 1 to Germany.
- Finished in Royal Blue with matching interior carpets and Champagne coloured hide,
- Monogrammed waistrails.
- Inlaid picnic tables.
- Commemorative plaque to the inside of the glovebox door.
- Unique identification plate on the boot lid.
Identification of the model in the chassis number
The 25 Silver Spur Centenary Replica cars have got a sequential series of chassis numbers. Each chassis number meets the characteristics of the VIN of a Silver Spur.
The chassis number of a Silver Spur (without division) has:
- the letter A on the third position
- the letter N on the fifth position
- a number between 01006 and 27780.
Further details about the production and the chassis numbers
- The Silver Spur Centenary Replica is a car from model year 1985. The chassis number is part of a series of numbers from model year 1986 that had already commenced for all other models.
You will find the driver side seat, the only one used for most of the cars life, is cracked and needs restored. I have researched the leather and have a craftsman here in town that will order the custom leather to re do that seat. The balance of the interior is in really good condition. There is some wear on the vinyl roof, which will need to be repaired. I recently had the drivetrain gone through and there are no problems. The car runs and drives very smooth. Below is a link to the official cars description, per the Rolls Royce website.