This vehicle is being sold as Lot No. S118.
- 1 of 22 A/FX lightweight cars built
- McCoy Mercury sponsored car
- Raced by Ron Riley of Rising Sun, Maryland
- Fiberglass front pieces
- Lightweight glass
- 427/425 HP V-8 engine
- Hurst 4-speed shifter
- White exterior
- Red interior
- Ford 9-inch rear end
- 4.56 gears
- DST suspension
- Factory steel wheels
- Extensive ownership history known
- Originally owned by Ron Riley
- Ron Riley sold the car, less the 427 engine, at auction to Al Hinkle
- Al Hinkle installed a Chevrolet 327 CI engine with a straight axle and named it the 'Hairy Canary'
- Ralph Hindley later acquired the car
- Randy DeLisio purchased the car from Ralph Hindley of Monticello, New York on May 5, 1989
- Don Fezell purchased the car from Randy DeLisio
- Comprehensive restoration by Randy DeLisio of Lyons, New York
- Vintage dealership photos
- Extensive receipts and paperwork
- Sold on bill of sale
For more details on this vehicle, Visit the Mecum Web Site
The Pick of the Day is a low-mileage original packing its correct 289 V8
Pick of the Day is a special edition S-22 model
Pick of the Day also has factory-optional two-tone paint and vinyl roof
You gotta love sleepers. This 1965 Mercury Comet Caliente hardtop might not technically be called a sleeper since it is a high-performance version of the midsize Mercury of the era.
‘The wife says… Must sell,” according to the private party offering this 1963 Mercury Comet convertible for sale.
Engines are the heart and soul of Lamborghinis
Pilot program clearly deemed a success