Free shipping East of the Mississippi River for most USA locations!
1966 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova Super Sport. This V8 SS is fitted
with a VIN stamped block matching the car’s VIN and a stamped
engine suffix code of ‘ZG’ identifying a L79 327/350 horsepower
legendary small block. The L79 is backed by a Muncie 4 speed
transmission and a 12 bolt rear axle for performance. The Chevy II
underwent a complete restyling in 1966 into what many people
consider the most desirable example of the marquee. This Nova SS
had a restoration performed in 2005 to its original Marina Blue
exterior with blue bucket seat interior. During the restoration by
the previous owner, the L79 engine was rebuilt complete with new
pistons, connecting rods, and valves. The original crankshaft was
inspected, polished, and reused in the rebuild. The rear end was
rebuilt to original standards. During the restoration, the
interior, engine bay, and body were all completed providing results
that make this car easy to cruise and to enjoy. At the time of
restoration, the odometer read 35,000 miles; however, it was not
functioning. The speedometer was replaced, and the current odometer
displays the mileage since restoration of 200 (title states mileage
exempt). The Nova SS comes with a copy of the original build sheet.
This is a legendary performance package that is able to be driven
and enjoyed while still having great investment potential at an
exceptionally affordable price.
• Engine: L79 327/350HP with matching VIN stamp and correct ‘ZG’ suffix
• Displacement: 327 CID
• 1970 LT-1/Z28 rare GM factory aluminum intake, aftermarket Holley carburetor
• Muncie 4-Speed manual transmission
• Chevy II 12 bolt rear axle, 3.73 gears
• Master cylinder with power brakes, power steering
• During the restoration, the following items were replaced: new exhaust, Holley carburetor, battery, new pistons, connecting rods and valves, and other items.
• During the restoration, the following items were rebuilt: motor with polished crankshaft rear axle and other items.
• Restored Marina Blue finish in 2005
• 121st assembled at the Willow Run plant
• Original Nova SS V8 car by VIN and Trim tag
• SS trim
• Comes with a copy of the build sheet.
• During the restoration, the following items were replaced: tires, shocks, new trunk mat, detailed engine compartment, and other items.
• Nicely restored and appointed Blue bucket seat interior
• Fully optioned with SS options, including consul, AM radio.
• During the restoration, the following items were replaced: upholstery, carpet, speedometer.
About McCann Auto:
McCann Auto has been in the business of buying, selling, and restoring classic cars since 1989. We provide each customer with our Car Information Report, Inspection Checklist, and other documentation on each classic vehicle sold to support your educated decision. Our free Car Information Report includes the car’s VIN, data plate information, pertinent visible casting and date code information with photos as applicable for classic cars. Our free Car Inspection Checklist includes information on all items inspected and maintenance or improvements McCann Auto has performed. For late model classics, we offer a free car history report. Even with all the information we offer, we still encourage customers to inspect the car to ensure complete confidence. To help acquire the classic car of your dreams, we also offer great financing options, no dealer fees, and various shipping options.
For more information visit:
Or call us at: