1966 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova Super Sport. This V8 SS is fitted with a VIN stamped and ‘ZG’ suffix L79 327/350 horsepower legendary small block backed by a Muncie 4 speed transmission and a 12 bolt rear axle for performance. The Chevy II underwent a complete restyling in 1966 into what many people consider the most desirable example of the marquee. This Nova SS had a restoration performed in 2005 to its original Marina Blue exterior with blue bucket seat interior. During the restoration by the previous owner, the L79 engine was rebuilt complete with new pistons, connecting rods, and valves. The original crankshaft was inspected, polished, and reused in the rebuild. The rear end was rebuilt to original standards. During the restoration, the interior, engine bay, and body were all completed providing results that make this car easy to cruise and to enjoy. At the time of restoration, the odometer read 35,000 miles; however, it was not functioning. The speedometer was replaced, and the current odometer displays the mileage since restoration of 200 (title states mileage exempt). The Nova SS comes with a copy of the original build sheet. This is a legendary performance package that is able to be driven and enjoyed while still having great investment potential at an exceptionally affordable price.
• Engine: L79 327/350HP with VIN stamp and ZG suffix
• Displacement: 327 CID
• 1970 LT-1/Z28 rare GM factory aluminum intake, aftermarket Holley carburetor
• Muncie 4-Speed manual transmission
• Chevy II 12 bolt rear axle, 3.73 gears
• Master cylinder with power brakes, power steering
• During the restoration, the following items were replaced: new exhaust, Holley carburetor, battery, new pistons, connecting rods and valves, and other items.
• During the restoration, the following items were rebuilt: motor with polished crankshaft rear axle and other items.
• Restored Marina Blue finish in 2005
• 121st assembled at the Willow Run plant
• Original Nova SS V8 car by VIN and Trim tag
• SS trim
• Comes with a copy of the build sheet.
• During the restoration, the following items were replaced: tires, shocks, new trunk mat, detailed engine compartment, and other items.
• Nicely restored and appointed Blue bucket seat interior
• Fully optioned with SS options, including consul, AM radio.
• During the restoration, the following items were replaced: upholstery, carpet, speedometer.
About McCann Auto:
McCann Auto has been in the business of buying, selling, and restoring classic cars since 1989. We provide each customer with our Car Information Report, Inspection Checklist, and other documentation on each classic vehicle sold to support your educated decision. Our free Car Information Report includes the car’s VIN, data plate information, pertinent visible casting and date code information with photos as applicable for classic cars. Our free Car Inspection Checklist includes information on all items inspected and maintenance or improvements McCann Auto has performed. For late model classics, we offer a free car history report. Even with all the information we offer, we still encourage customers to inspect the car to ensure complete confidence. To help acquire the classic car of your dreams, we also offer great financing options, no dealer fees, and various shipping options.
For more information visit:
Or call us at: