1965 Ford Mustang Coupe. With a stunning recent restoration to
its original Vintage Burgundy Metallic with black vinyl interior.
This pony car will excel on the show field or car cruise. This is a
proven numbers matching pony car that still retains its hard to
find build sheet paperwork proving its original equipment and
options. This Mustang has great performing matching numbers
drivetrain that is economical to drive around town and showing
36,300 miles (title states mileage exempt). During the restoration,
the interior, engine bay, mechanical parts and body were gone
through providing car show winning quality results. The 1965 Ford
Mustang was the first full year of the classic pony car style.
These cars are a fun cruising car with their small, lightweight
package and classic styling. This car is appreciating in value and
couldn’t be restored for this price point making this a classic
show pony car with great investment potential.at an exceptionally
• Engine: inline 6 cylinder
• Displacement: 200 CID
• 3 speed manual transmission
• Photos of matching numbers on engine block, intake manifold, transmission, rear axle, and exhaust manifold (date code is illegible on exhaust manifold).
• A meticulous restoration was performed on the engine bay area for dramatic results and reliable performance.
• During the restoration, new exhaust, tires, front shocks, rear springs, front and rear brakes, gas tank, multiple fuel system components, battery, points, cooling system components, and other items were replaced.
• Restored Vintage Burgundy Metallic with clear coat
• Assembled at the Metuchen, NJ plant on February 25, 1965
• Ford build sheet
• Ford factory stamped VIN and Ford data plate to prove originality
• Scott Drake styled steel wheel covers for a classic look
• The restoration fixed all rust issues in the quarter panels by replacing the metal properly
• During the restoration, new bumpers, chrome pieces, taillights and bezels, windshield, weather stripping, and other items were replaced.
• Nicely restored and appointed black crinkle vinyl bucket seat interior
• Original Ford 1965 style gauges
• Wood grain steering wheel
• Ford AM radio
• During the restoration a new headliner, rug, package tray, scuff plates, bucket seat upholstery, and other items were replaced
About McCann Auto:
McCann Auto has been in the business of buying, selling, and restoring classic cars since 1989. We provide each customer with our Car Information Report, Inspection Checklist, and other documentation on each classic vehicle sold to support your educated decision. Our free Car Information Report includes the car’s VIN, data plate information, pertinent visible casting and date code information with photos as applicable for classic cars. Our free Car Inspection Checklist includes information on all items inspected and maintenance or improvements McCann Auto has performed. For late model classics, we offer a free car history report. Even with all the information we offer, we still encourage customers to inspect the car to ensure complete confidence. To help acquire the classic car of your dreams, we also offer great financing options, no dealer fees, and various shipping options.
For more information visit:
Or call us at:
A turbocharged inline-4 that makes 200 horsepower, plus sporty SVO tweaks, make the Pick of the Day an interesting prospect
New version features 6-speed manual, 1,000-watt audio and new vintage-inspired colors
Mustang fans can customize, share and even wear their personalized ponies
The coachbuilt pony car celebrates both Mustang co-creator Lee Iacocca and the 45th anniversary of the brand
Movie ‘hero’ car will be joined for the first time by a complete lineup of Ford’s commemorative versions
Owned by one family since 1974, the famous ‘hero’ car has been added to National Historic Vehicle Register
This is the 20th vehicle in the 30-day Countdown to Barrett-Jackson’s 47th annual Scottsdale auction.
Fox-bodied Mustangs are attracting attention as future classics