This is the real thing folks! 1970 Cortez Silver Convertible, 370HP LT1.
Documented with tank sticker, a copy of the Original title and other ownership papers. Partial protect-o-plate also included. Nearly 100% complete and original: Original paint throughout (Motion stripes painted over OG paint).
Original engine block, heads, intake, starter, alternator, T.I. ignition, clutch / flywheel, bellhousing etc. Numbers matching transmission, rear differential, date coded shocks and springs with stickers still visible. Rare tilt / telescopic steering, 4.11 Posi rear diff, Hard top, Am/FM radio and Auxiliary alarm system all still with the car.
VIN # 194670S410980 Build date: June 1970 Body color: 986 Cortez Silver Interior: 400 Black Vinyl Tank sticker Partial protecto-plate Copy of original Title with lien release (Optional hardtop)
Many Additional Photos are available on our website. Automotion Classics Inc. is a full-service restoration shop and we would love the opportunity to restore this car for a customer. Please inquire for more details.
1. Block Casting: 3790010 dated 1/27/0 (Most blocks month dated by letters, but documented cases show #s were used too)
2. Block Stamping: 70S410980 V0513CTK (Stamping examined by NCRS judge, and deemed to be original)
3. Cylinder Heads: 3927186 Left: dated D 27 0 Right: dated D 30 0
4. Crankshaft: 1182 forged steel
5. Connecting rods: Pink rods with O cast into the end caps
6. Pistons: stock bore TRW domed pistons
7. Camshaft: Unknown at this point, but suspect it is stock (3972178) as original, still in block
8. Intake Manifold: 3972110 (date code is under the heat shield on bottom of intake. Can't see it, but would guess it's right)
9. Flywheel: 3973468 Nodular GM dated C 11 0 clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and fork are all original to the car.
10. Bell housing: 3899621with inspection pan attached.
11. Ignition coil: 1115272 (T.I ignition) Related engine parts: 1. A.I.R. system, pump with mounting bracket, diverter valve and exhaust feeds. (original dated clamps still in place) 2. Water pump: 3782698 dated C 17 0 3. Alternator: 1100884 dated 0 E 18 61 Amp 4. Starter: 1108338 dated 0 D 23 5. Radiator: 3018803 (Copper) Tag: MK9 6. Baffled oil pan 7. 8 inch harmonic balancer 8. T.I. amplifier and wiring still in car 10. Cooling fan, 5 blade, with clutch dated 5 5 70 Transmission: Main case: 3925660 Stamping: POC12B (Muncie 70 March 12th M21) 706410980 (1970 June 6 digits VIN) Rear: 3871375 Axle code 2CFB 4 14 70 4:11 dated C 24 0 Right side of car sits on the original tires, and rally wheels as shown on tank sheet. Wheels marked K 1 0 4 20 AZ Left side has K 1 8 9 AZ rally and steel wheel. Missing parts: Distributor, Both exhaust manifolds, Carburetor, thermostat housing, and rear anti sway bar.