* Greg Jackson , (from Barrett Jackson), recently said to buy cars from the late 70's to the early 80's, especially Camaro's and Trans Am's, they are highly undervalued and the next segment of collector cars to dramatically increase in value.
* Absolutely Gorgeous Mayan Red Beauty !
* Car shows 44,000 on the odometer...
* Car was stored for 20 years before I got her !
* "Screaming Chicken" Emblem in perfect condition.
* Immaculate Black Velour Interior.
* 455 Big Block...400(ish)HP...runs fantastic !! rebuilt less than 10k miles ago.
* Mild Cam and MagnaFlow exhaust...Car sounds FANTASTIC !
* Built Turbo 400 Trans rebuilt less than 10k miles ago.
* Aluminium Four Core Radiator.
* RARE, Factory, Ice Cold A/C.
* Fantastic Alpine Stereo/CD/Smart Phone friendly.
* Factory 3.43 rear... Car tachs 2300 rpm at 70...approx. 17mpg combined...TONS and TONS of low end torque...(The best of both world's !)
* Power windows, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, Power Door Locks.
* T-Tops are excellent.
* This is a Beautiful car!!!
* A True Survivor Car !!
* The Value of these cars has been going straight up for years...could be a $60k+ car within 5 years.
The Pick of the Day is a dead ringer for the coupe driven by Burt Reynolds in ‘Smokey and the Bandit,’ golden hood eagle, T-tops and all
Car was a ’76 model disguised with ’77 sheetmetal for a Pontiac sales brochure, and was supposed to have been destroyed
This is the 19th in a 30-day countdown to Barrett-Jackson’s annual Las Vegas collector car auction
The Pick of the Day is a standout collectible muscle car, a low-mileage original described as being in pristine condition
Pontiac Trans Am approaches its 50th anniversary
The Pick of the Day provides the answer with what seems to be a clean, all-original Pontiac
Michael Fux IROC Collection on the docket at Mecum’s Kissimmee auction
William Leland III, the great-great nephew of Cadillac founder Henry Leland, ordered this 1979 Trans Am in 1978 after his father agreed to co-sign for the loan.
Imagine buying a new muscle car – something iconic and inherently cool – only to hardly ever drive it and leave it largely untouched.