Frame off restoration undergoing mechanical and cosmetic works with estimated completion date of second quarter 2022… Reserve Now as our available and in production restoration pieces continue to be complete sellouts year in and year out…….
Grand Wagoneer by Classic Gentleman, internationally recognized as a leading buyer, restorer and seller of low mile, excellent condition Grand Wagoneers, presents this factory original color Hunter Green Metallic 1991 Final Edition.
At a time when many collector vehicles seem to be reaching benchmark prices, the 1991 factory original color Hunter Green Jeep Grand Wagoneer is truly a benchmark standout. 1991 was the final year for this iconic precursor to the modern SUV. Wikipedia details only 1560 Grand Wagoneers rolled off the Toledo assembly line in 1991 and whilst other sources quote slightly higher final year production numbers, still 1991 is the lowest production year as Chrysler ended production on June 21th, 1991. A fresh new color was added to the line and it would only be produced in the final year – HUNTER GREEN METALLIC. This unique color would be selected to represent the Grand Wagoneer in the Chrysler Museum and the last Grand to complete on that final day was also a Hunter Green model. Even from the start the factory execs knew this was one beautiful color contrasting with the wood tone applique. How rare are these? The most often quoted production number is 150 - that number could be plus or minus a few – but you get the idea- they are really rare. Few vehicles in modern automotive history have been produced in such limited numbers. Each time we acquire a ’91 Hunter Green Grand Wagoneer we feel quite fortunate that we have the opportunity to restore one to its original glory. This is truly a Benchmark vehicle for the discerning collector . Industry experts predict that Grand Wagoneers will continue to appreciate in the coming years and that 1991 models will be at the forefront of that appreciation- especially the rare Hunter Green edition.
This investment grade Final Edition was just a two owner piece until our acquisition and apart from our purchase, the only state shown on the Carfax is the southern state of Arkansas. Her former owners cherished this Grand and past down from one to the other was the original window sticker. ($30,289.00 was the sticker price, if your are curious). The 147,200 miles are shown as actual (still under 5,000 miles per year) with no accidents reported against her.
The frame off restoration is extensive, from a newly remanufactured original spec 360ci V8 engine, rebuilt transmission to a whole host of other cosmetic and mechanical/electrical works with the highlights detailed below:
OUR FRAME OFF RESTORATION PROCESS
Exterior cosmetic restoration works:
- Full professional repaint in factory original Hunter Green Metallic
- New Wood Trim
- New Wood Siding
- New Windshield
- New rubber door seals & window wipes
- 5 New white wall tires wrapping professionally refinished wheels
- The remaining exterior chrome and aluminum bits, such as the front grille, bumpers, center wheel caps, door handles, luggage rack and so on, whilst not new, as they are no longer manufactured new, only exhibit low mile desert usage and as such, still present nicely.
Interior cosmetic restoration works:
- Seats reupholstered by our Amish craftsmen with all new leather & new fabric inserts and new carpeting on the back of the seats
- New carpeting on the floors, inner tailgate, cargo sides with new cargo boards, lower door panels & custom matched floor mats
- New Headliner
- Dashboard & steering wheel recoated
- Professionally re-manufactured original factory spec correct 360ci V8 motor installed, including:
- Installed precision milled cylinder heads
- Installed Valve train: new valves (stainless exhaust & plated intake valves), new valve seals, new valve seating
- Leak tested Heads & Block
- New Main Bearings
- New Oil Pump
- New Pistons
- New Rod Bearings
- New Seals & Gaskets
- New Timing Chain
- Break-In Oil Included
- New Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters
- New motor mounts
- Front & rear main seals replaced
Modern fuel injection includes:
- Throttle body with mounting plate
- Electric fuel pump
- Inline fuel filter with hoses
- Inline fuel pump
- New engine harness with OBDII date connector
- New oxygen sensor
- Electronic ignition module
- Electronic speed sensor to replace speedo cable
- 8MM high performance ignition wire set
- Premium distributor cap & rotor
- New spark plugs
- Accel chrome ignition coil
- New vacuum hoses
Transmission & 4 wheel drive systems
- Transmission rebuilt with new torque converter, all interior and exterior seals replaced, replace clutch plates, frictions and bands, new fluid, filters and gaskets.
- Replaced gear lube of front & rear differentials for 4 wheel drive High & Low
- New transmission mounts
Air conditioning & coolant systems
- Air conditioning system pressurized & Freon recharged
- Updated to R134
- Coolant system service includes new water pump, thermostat, heater hoses, upper & lower radiator hoses & bypass hose, fresh antifreeze.
Braking, wheel components & undercarriage
- Front brake service – New rotors, pads, rubber hoses, rebuilt brake calipers, wheel bearings cleaned, inspected & repacked with fresh grease & inner hub seal replaced
Rear brake service- New brake shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, brake hardware (anchor pins & springs) adjusters cleaned & lubed. New rubber hoses from frame to rear differential. Master cylinder flushed out & new brake fluid installed.
- 4 New shocks fitted
- 5 New whitewall tires
- New muffler and tailpipe
- Frame completely removed from chassis
- Undercarriage primer sealed to protect against future rust with Rust-Oleum painted black frames and grey floors.
- New front leaf springs
- New rear leaf springs
Key electrical components & parts replaced
- Battery w/ new cables
- Fuel sending unit
- Oil pressure switch
- Ignition switch
- Inner fender ignition module
- Neutral safety switch
- Upgraded headlamps to Hella 9003 halogen bulbs
- Be sure to have a look at our website’s recommendation page where you can see first hand the positive experiences of a worldwide assortment of named buyers. We deal honestly and work hard to insure a happy buyer. You will never be chased for a sale but given all the time needed to insure if a purchase is right for you. Guided by these principals, our modestly sized niche dealership has built a loyal and devoted customer base spanning 5 continents.
- You are welcome to ring 724-996-1288 for a cordial discussion regarding this example or any other in our current or soon to be on offer extensive inventory.