Newly-Restored 1954 Jaguar XK-120SE Open Two Seater (“OTS”) Roadster (M-Model)
LEFT HAND DRIVE
CHASSIS NUMBER: S 676165
ENGINE NUMBER: F 3863-8S
BODY NUMBER: F 8449
GEARBOX NUMBER: **JL 24230
My father, a Jaguar enthusiast since the new purchase of his first (E-type) in 1969, had a hobby of restoring Jaguars to their former glory. This one, completed just before his death, was his last project and is now up for sale. A majority of this text is his own writing.
A beautifully restored ‘54 Jaguar XK-120 Open Two Seater (OTS) in the classic colors of British Racing
Green (exterior), Suede Green (interior) & tan soft top.
This is a “Special Equipment” or “M” model (with high-lift cams, stronger suspension and wire wheels, 3.4 liter engine and 4-speed manual gearbox). Numbers match the original data plate and the JDHT Certificate. This remarkable vehicle is one of only 6436 left-hand drive OTSs built during the entire XK-120 production run. Its chassis number is the 273rd last OTS built, as indicated by its flat horn-push and curved parking brake handle. Per the chassis & body serial numbers, it is a steel body.
It was built July 23, 1954 and shipped to the United States in August to Charles Hornburg Jaguar in Los Angeles. This particular car was in outstanding body and mechanical condition, making it an excellent candidate for restoration.
IMAGINE CRUISING THROUGH SUMMER IN THIS BEAUTY!
The utterly complete and thorough restoration included…
• New front suspension rubber bushings
• New front & rear suspension rebound bumpers
• New GAZ front shocks
• New rear shock link arms
• New upper & lower ball joints
• New wheel bearings and seals
• New rear spring leather gaiters
• New tires and tubes (4)
• New chrome knockoffs
• New brake wheel cylinders (front and rear)
• New brake dual master cylinder
• New brake stop light switch
• New brake lines
• New brake hoses
Fuel System & Cooling:
• New fuel tank
• New fuel tank sender
• New in-tank fuel filter
• New fuel pump
• Rebuilt Carburetors with Grose-Jet Valves
• New Air Filters
• Re-cored radiator
• Rebuilt Water pump
• New thermo-controlled electric auxiliary cooling fan
• New pistons, rings and pins (6) (+030)
• New main and rod bearings (+010)
• New small end bushings
• New valve springs
• New oil pump (rare)
• New tappet hold-down set (Inlet and exhaust)
• New timing chain, guide and tensioner
• New gaskets, seals and pilot bushing
• New starter & dynamo brushes
• New clutch: (drive plate, driven plate, release bearing)
• Resurfaced flywheel
• Rebuilt Harmonic damper
• Re-porcelained exhaust manifolds
• New cloth insulated wiring harnesses (as per original)
• New tri-bar headlamps
• New Lucas driving lights
• New tail lights
• New Original Specification Jaguar Interiors convertible soft top
• New OSJI interior kit
• New weather-stripping throughout
• New Bell stainless steel exhaust system
• Extensive chrome re-plating
• New 12-volt battery (easily returned to twin 6-volt units, if desired)
• New Baltic birch floor boards
• New Baltic birch boot boards
• New bumpers (front & rear)
• New windscreen glass & rubber
• New screen washer unit
• Rebuilt Clock (it actually works)
This car is located in Cincinnati, OH, has a clear Ohio title, and comes with the Jaguar Heritage Trust Certificate, tool roll, side curtains (in original storage bag) and a DVD of over 300 pictures before, during & after restoration as well as scans of receipts. Listed mileage was about 55,000 before restoration. I will gladly ship worldwide and have done so in the past.
This link has lower resolution photos of the restoration:
Here is a YouTube link to a brief video of the car:
Email, or call with any and all questions: 513-474-5818. If you get voicemail, leave a message & I’ll call you back ASAP. If you are seriously considering purchasing this car, I also suggest buying a cheap airline ticket to come see it in person here in Cincinnati.
CLEARLY THIS CAR IS FOR THE DISCERNING FEW WHO APPRECIATE ITS HERITAGE & BEAUTY.
PLEASE make an offer on this car ONLY if you are serious about owning it and have the funds available! My asking price is $129,500 (USD) OBO. Payment can be made via cash (will entertain BTC/ETH as well, for a surcharge due to Crypto volatility), certified bank check, or wire transfer. Payment will be due in full within 7-days of purchase agreement, and a $1,000 non-refundable down payment is required within 24-hours of purchase. Obviously, this beauty is sold “as is, where is” with no warranty expressed or implied…it is, after all, a 68-year-old car! :)
As mentioned, I will gladly ship worldwide. Buyer is responsible for all shipping, transport costs, and/or customs details, though I’ll happily work with any auto transport firm of the buyer's choosing.
The asking price is most reasonable for such a sought-after classic in this condition. The iconic Jaguar XK-120 Roadster, the most desirable and fun of all versions of the XK-120! Few investments compare with classic cars for future growth as well as immediate pleasure of ownership.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AND BEST OF LUCK!
On a personal note: This beauty was lovingly and painstakingly restored by my father's hands! He had restored over a dozen 50s & 60s classic Jags over the years. He truly loved them and considered them unique in the auto spectrum. He purchased his first Jaguar brand new in 1969 (XK-E) and owned it for the rest of his life!