Very Nice 1966 Chevrolet Impala 396 SS Convertible (real, number matching SS).
The car is highly original (it seems it was repainted from white to red at some point). 12 bolt rear. 396 Big Block (numbers matching).
Car is nicely equipped:
- 4 x power windows
- power brakes
- power steering
- power convertible top
- bucket seats/middle console shifter
- 3-speed Turbo Hydra-Matic 400 automatic transmission
- emergency flashers
- power antenna
- radio was replaced with 1 din Bluetooth capable
- added tachometer + temp/volt/oil pressure gauges
I have had the car since 2017 and I put about 4k miles on it and it's always been garaged since I bought it.
Since 2017 I replaced/updated:
- replaced ALL fluids (coolant, engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, differential fluid, power). Last engine oil change in July 2021.
- new gas tank and sending unit
- new shocks (all 4)
- lowered springs (about 1.5 inch lower)
- ALL new ball joints, bushings, rubbers, etc. in suspension (over 2k USD job)
- new, just replaced tires (less than 500 miles as for now) - White Wall - Vogue Custom Built Radial VII, Size: 215/70R15
- new radiator (4 row) with extra reservoir
- rebuild front drum brakes
- replaced brake master cylinder from single to dual, new brake lines/hoses in front
- new power top motor
- 2 new motors in the power windows (both on the front)
- new windshield
- new wiper blade motor/washer pump
- added nice Impala carpets, and front seats cover
- new battery
Car in perfect mechanical condition. Everything works.
Drives and handles great.
I only use 91 fuel with octane booster/fuel treatment.
No rust on the frame, suspension, differential, control arms, floors.
Few *under paint bubbles on the body (see photos). The hood should be repainted.
Chrome could use cleaning from oxidation/redone.
There is a small patch on the power top (visible only from close).
Please don't contact me with low ball offers like "I will buy for 30k". It's not happening.