1964 Buick Riviera
General Motors, drawing upon the allure of the famed French Riviera (Latin for coastline) introduced the Buick Riviera in 1963 as a standalone model. The distinctive bodyshell was unique to Buick and not drawn from another GM brand at the time. Buick was always known as a luxury car brand, and the Riviera held true to that reputation!
The exterior was sleek, presenting as a pillarless two door hardtop. The styling sported the new "Coke bottle look" with a tapered midsection surrounded by flaring fenders. The interior featured a luxurious four-place cabin with bucket seats in the front and bucket style seats in the rear. The 1964 Model was
The car presented at auction features the following:
- All Original Car Inside and Out, a True Survivor
- 15 Year Current Ownership with Low Owner History
- Car Special Ordered from Factory with Original Name Plate Affixed to Dash
- Highly Optioned Car with Tilt Steering, Power Windows, Deluxe Interior, Air Conditioning
- 401 Nailhead V-8 Believed to be Original to the Car
- 3 Speed Super Turbine 400 Transmission
- Solid Body with Right Rear Quarter Panel Showing Signs of Previous Repair Needing Attention
- Original Chrome Shines Bright
- Odometer Shows 34K Miles, but not confirmed to be original
- Interior in good original condition
- All gauges work with exception of the gas gauge
This Riviera is a good entry level car to the old car hobby and is a perfect candidate for a restoration to an investment grade car.
This car has been consigned to the 6th Annual Salt Lake City Classic Car Auction hosted by the Classic Car Auction Group. The auction is Saturday, May 1 at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. To consign your car and/or to register to bid on this and other cars in the auction go to http://www.classiccarauction.us.