Please contact Ray for an appointment to see the car at Laguna
Classic Cars, 949-395-2339 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
1967 Mercedes 250SE Coupe
I purchased the car from Mr. Abbasi in Chino Hills, California in 2011. The car was a non-runner. Had a couple of paint issues, some chrome issues, interior was a bit rough, and according to him, the engine ran fine until he heard some thing and according to him needed a top-overhaul.
Car was flatbedded to Tony's German Auto, Tony Wahl/owner and a world renowned Mercedes Benz mechanic who has worked on these cars for over 40 years, trained by highly skilled German mechanics/ engineers. Very well respected in Mercedes community, an honest mechanic and superbly talented. His wife, Linda is the shop manager and been with Tony for a long long time. Greatest people you'll meet.
Car needed more than I was hoping for. A complete Engine rebuild. I have many many receipts, but here are some of the items:
- Engine rebuild by Metrics Engines in Conoga Park, CA (world renowned), engine looks brand new with about 600 miles or so. All the metal lines in the engine compartment were sent out for brass plating. (light gold color, Tony does all the cars incl Gullwings the same way)
- Transmission service incl main rear seal
- Suspension components incl bushings, shocks
- Brake system overhauled, new lines, booster was rebuilt
- Cold start valve
- Fuel injection pump was serviced
- Clutch is new
- Various linkages on transmission, clutch, as well as steering
- A/C system was overhauled, flushed, and filled. System indicated tight, but over time, it did lose the gas. A new compressor or an aftermarket (recommended) would fix this problem.
- Original Becker radio was purchased and installed.
- Heater levers overhauled with new cables/linkages and new rubber
- All new chrome plating, triple plating, bumpers painted inside with correct Mercedes colors
- Powdercoated wheels, new tires, balanced, and aligned.
- New interior incl the rear seat, German top quality carpet, German material floor mats, headliner is original and in excellent shape. New door panels and the rear pad next to rear window. Wood was taken out and professionally refinished.
- Engine bay was detailed and painted while the engine was being rebuilt.