Truly a must-see, this car was originally finished in Black over Red hides before the previous owner's father painted the car this silver-gray color as he handed it down to his son.
This is a very good driving, good looking car with an extensive list of new/rebuilt items:
- Carburetors rebuilt
- Petronix ignition installed with new plug wires.
- All brake cylinders and master cylinder brass sleeved by White Post Restorations.
- All new brake lines and recent fluid flush.
This is an incredibly clean example with no metal work and minimal filler, holding up very well for the last 35 to 40 years. It’s a very solid fairly original car. All of the numbers match, the original logos and badges show like jewelry, the wood has never been re-veneered, the headliner, and almost all of the chrome is original. It has the original dealer installed am radio and set of 16” 54 spoke wheels that go with it. In addition to the original steering wheel, headlight bezels reverse light, front bumper, driving lights, and front number plate bracket. Additionally, there is a never installed stainless steel exhaust.
The following are not original to the car but show very well:
- The car was converted to a 12v system and negative ground.
- It has an old radio and speaker that work. However, the original dealer installed radio accompanies the car.
- The exhaust has glass pack mufflers that sound great so the new stainless steel exhaust that accompanies the car was never installed.
- The heater was disconnected and a large heater core was plumbed behind the driver’s side wheel in the fender well. This was done to assist with cooling.
- The interior was redone in the 70’s in vinyl. The person that did the work did everything in the same pattern as the originals. - The gearshift lever.
- The wheels are C-Type 60 spoke wheels. They are original Jaguar wheels, but the outer spokes have been replaced with stainless steel spokes from Dayton.
- The car a Mona-Lita steering wheel installed. The original comes with the car.
- The head lights are replica flat glass XK120 lights.