1966 Mustang Coupe
1966 Ford Mustang 2dr coupe, Power steering, 289 V8 engine, 3 spd automatic transmission
General notes and history:
The car was originally purchased new in 1966 by my high school buddy. The car remained in the family and was later purchased by myself in 1996 . I began a restoration project at that time.
The engine was previously overhauled on Sept 1987.
Subsequent repairs and restoration work
• Some body work and a new paint job (pastel blue to red) began the process. A black vinyl top was also added.
• New interior and headliner installed
• Trunk mat
• Door and trunk weatherstripping
• New chrome bumpers and guards
• Four original Mustang spoke wheel hub caps
• 4bbl Eldebrock manifold and carburetor installed
• New Power steering pump
• New Starter installed 2013
• New 3 core Radiator installed 2013
• Rear End bearings Renewed- 2013
• Shocks- 2004
• Motor and trans mounts- 2004
• Front end –Tie rods ,spring saddles , large stabilizer bar, Lower control arms
• Engine and trans completely resealed
• Bosh battery -2012
• 4 new tires incl full size spare. Lift jack in trunk
• Keyed Hood lock installed
• Rear end gears replaced, bearings , shaft, and U joint replaced
• Compression test performed 2014- (145-150- 145-150/ 150-150-150-150)
• Speedometer cluster has been replaced and new speedo cable installed
• Dash lighting replaced with amber LED’s
• Equipped with Trailer Hitch
• See attached Video:
• Original radio works fine. Push button station selector inop.
Manual tuning only.
• Repairs made to small rust spots at rear quarter and front wheel area.
The car runs strong and is in good mechanical condition. It has been in the care of classic car automotive expert Stuart Terry and his shop. The car has been garaged and driven not more than 1800 mi to date (2014) since its progressive restoration from 1996.