2010 Forest Grove Concours Best of GM Class Winner
2011 Columbia River Concours Best of Class Winner
2011 GTO Association of America Concours Gold Winner
Invited Entry to Portland Art Museum Allure of Automobile Show (no awards given)
Judges Choice Columbia River Museum Show
The 66 GTO was the first GTO built from the frame-up as a GTO and not as an option to the Tempest. It is the first and the original "muscle car".
Stored for more than 20 years in an Iowa barn, this matching numbers car was purchased by the current and third owner in May 2003. A professional frame off restoration to museum quality was completed in July 2009. The only modifications enhance safety, drivability and performance. Mileage before restoration was 79000.
• Fully PHS Documented, Matching Numbers throughout and correct date codes on all components.
• Frame-Off Professional Restoration by New Start Auto Works, Vancouver, WA.
• Matching Number 389ci Engine Rebuilt for top performance by Somer’s Engineering.
• Engine has been blueprinted, square decked, balanced and line honed. Internal components upgraded include boring .030 with TRW forged stainless steel pistons and Hastings moly rings, Eagle stainless steel billet rods, Comp roller cam, Clevite bearings, hardened valve seats, double roller chain, breakerless ignition, dessert cooling system and heavy duty starter.
• Heavy Duty Clutch, Hurst Shifter, 4 Speed Muncie Transmission, 3:55 Positraction Rear.
• Ceramic Coated 2 ½” RAM Air II Exhaust Manifolds and 3 Chamber Flowmasters.
• Upgrades Include correct 1966 Tri-Power, Power Brakes with Front Disc Brakes, radial redline tires, Power Steering, Original AM/FM Radio, Powder Coated Frame, Completely Rebuilt Suspension With Rear Sway Bar, KYB Shocks and Polyurethane Bushings; Halogen Headlights, Stainless Steel Fuel and Brake Lines.
• Parchment Legendary Auto Interior and Robbins White Convertible Top with Heavy Duty Window.