1967 Chrome Yellow Shelby de Mexico Clone
1. Original Coupe with runners from the roofline to the rear end caps. All metal, no fiberglass.
2. Have owned car since 1979. Had 88,000 miles on it then. Have rebuilt the car twice. From a ‘cookie cutter’ to National MCA 1st place winner. One of a kind.
3. ENGINE: a later model 302, perhaps’84 block, rebuilt about 10 years ago. Bored 10 over, roller rockers, mild cam, Headman Headers, etc. Battery was moved to the right rear trunk.
4. FUEL SYSTEM: 750 CFM Holly Projection Throttle Body.
5. USE: driven to and from shows, and to get inspection stickers. No one has sat in the back seat since rebuild. Never raced.
6. TRANSMISSION: (four) 4-speed close ratio top loader. Purchased from Dan Williams Transmission. He built nothing but top loaders for NASCAR until they went to the Jericho.
7. CLUTCH: an 11-inch diaphragm.
8. EXTERIOR: all bright work has been blacked out
9. INTERIOR: matching yellow and black., ‘88 Daytona seats with head rests in front.
10. CONSOLES: over head (rare) and lower consoles and dash done in engine turned aluminum
11. VIN NUMBER: stamped in the left fender and a metal tag on the lower driver door.
12. MAIER RACING: this car has a fiberglass hood, fiberglass spoilered trunk, rear fender end caps, non-functional side scopes and front air dam from Maier Racing. These are copies of the original metal panels.
13. BRAKES: disc front, drum rear.
14. SIDE MIRRORS: special
15. TACHOMETER: mounted on the hood.
16. TRUNK: boxed and carpeted to match the interior.
17. STOPLIGHT: Turbo Porsche et-light mounted back of the rear glass.
18. COATINGS: most of the removable parts were Jet Hotted silver. Included were all accessories supports, brake master cylinder, oil pan, bell housing, front suspension, sway bar, intake manifold, complete exhaust including mufflers, etc.
19. FASTNERS: all bolts under hood are polished stainless steel unless in stress situations, such as suspension, then they are grade 8 bolts.
20. SUSPENSION: Global West Engineering front and rear, mounted in greaseable Poly bushings.
21. THIRD MEMBER: 9 inch 3:25:1 Posi-Trax.
22. AXELS: 31 spline.
23. TIRES: B F Goodrich White Letter 255 rear and 205 front.
24. WHEELS: (5) Progressive Rev I, 25 spoke, polished and painted to match.