Just arrived, this beautiful Shelby Cobra GT500KR was one of only 1,517 built in 1968.
Factory 428 CJ Ram Air V-8 ready to go...
Its initials KR stood for "King of the Road" and to back it up the mid-year 1968 KR had Ford's
new 428 Cobra Jet engine with Ram Air Induction and traction-lock 3.50 rear end all
standard on the KR. The Cobra Jet engine was very successful at the drags and was
Super Stock Eliminator Champ at the 1968 Winternationals beating expensive Hemi's etc.
Shelby's 1967 GT 500 had led Ford's pony car with a Thunderbird 428 engine with two
four-barrel carburetors. The 1968 GT500 used a 428 Police Interceptor with single four barrel
carburetor. Then in April '68, Ford unveiled an even-hotter version of the 428 Police Interceptor
(more durable engine) with better breathing heads and much bigger exhaust manifolds and
called the soup'd up 428 Cop Motor the 428 Cobra Jet. The 428CJ was offered in the Mustang,
Cougar, Cyclone and Fairlane models. The GT 500-KR's 428 had the same suspiciously
low 335-bhp rating as other Cobra Jets, but the total torque rating of 440 foot-pounds
at 3400 RPM told the real story. Shelby's KR version had diecast aluminum cast with
"Cobra Lemans" proudly broadcasting Ford's FE engine family victory
over Ferrari at Le Mans in 1966 and 1967.
MARTI REPORT IN HAND
Now is it ready for it's new owner...
My shop has gone thru all the mechanicals and the car is ready to drive.
One of the best color combinations and will draw attention wherever you go.
There was a new dual stage repaint in the factory Highland Green Metallic,
same as the famous Steve McQueen Bullet movie car...
The interior of the car is also original and in excellent condition.
Original bucket seats, door panels, dash & carpet...
Factory roll bar and optional factory shoulder harness seat belts.
All new or revamped original chrome and stainless trim throughout.
Equipped with the factory 428 / 335HP V-8 engine
Cobra Jet Ram Air engine
and original automatic transmission...
Factory Trak Loc 3.51 rear end
Factory power steering and power front disc brakes...
Upon restoration, factory air conditioning was added
Original Shelby wheels and correct bias white letter tires
Garage kept, pampered, and serviced, this car could not be nicer.
This car has been refreshed, detailed and ready to drive or show.
ONE OF 1,517 GT500 KR SHELBY'S IN 1968
KR TRANSLATES TO KING OF THE ROAD
• Accident and rust free sheet metal
• New dual stage repaint in factory Highland Green Metallic
• Excellent factory original Black bucket seat interior
• Mint original dash, carpet, & door panels
• New or excellent original chrome and soft trim throughout
• Rebuilt original 428 CJ V8 engine
• Rebuilt factory automatic transmission
• 3.50 Trak Loc rear end with posi-traction
• Power steering and front disc brakes
• Tilt steering wheel & factory shoulder harness seat belts
• Fold down reat seat option
• Ice cold factory air conditioning added on restoration
• Factory AM radio and speakers - Factory clock
• Excellent original factory Shelby wheels and bias white letter radial tires
Check out our full inventory at www.MJCClassicCars.com