COMPLETELY Restored to Show Condition, Crate 350/TH350, Flawless Paint, A/C, PS, PB, Build Sheet, 84K mi, 260 DETAILED PICS & HD VIDEO. Every area of this car has been touched from paint and body, complete drivetrain, interior, wheels and tires, suspension, trunk, undercarriage, you name it. Put together at the Baltimore GM Plant and delivered to Lustine Chevrolet in 1971, this Chevelle has been garaged its entire life in North & South Carolina by 3 private owners, including myself as one. The key to any great restoration is easy: START WITH A FLAWLESS CAR! My Chevelle is a classic example of flawless preservation and care. I took over 50 photographs of the floor pans when the interior was being put together and they are in PERFECT condition. The original sheet metal on this car from floor pan to trunk pan to inner door skins to quarter panel and fender were a near perfect base on which this car has been restored to show quality. With this car, you turn it on, drive it an enjoy it - it literally needs nothing done!
For 260 detailed photos of every angle of the car, copy and paste the following link on Flickr:
For a complete 20-minute demo of every aspect of the car, including a driving demo, copy and paste the following link to YouTube:
Call Andy (Private Owner) at 407-417-4184 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Car is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
• New, professionally built, balanced, and blueprinted crate 350 cubic-inch V8 mated to the professionally rebuilt original turbo-hydramatic 350 (has the B162390 stamp on it to match the VIN) and the professionally rebuilt original 10-bolt rear end documented on the build sheet. It is a really nice balance of street power and good fuel economy and is perfectly synchronized even to 90mph + with great throttle response. Modern upgrades include electronic ignition, Holly 650 CFM carburetor, Holley Aluminum Intake, mild cam, headers, roller rockers and glass pack dual exhaust. Drivetrain has all new parts. It is all housed in a very clean, restored engine compartment. Easily handled 1,000 miles to FL and back.
• The body is very straight due to the solid original sheet metal that was an excellent base for restoration. Professionally repainted in PPG base-clear back to the original Ascot Blue, it is gorgeous. I have waxed this car over and over and have yet to find even 1 chip or flaw in the paint. Nicely painted underneath the trunk and hood and in all jams. Non-factory add-ons include the vinyl top, white racing stripes, and cowl hood. I have the original hood in near perfect condition if someone desires to eliminate the SS-only stripes.
• Interior is super clean, has many new components, and looks gorgeous set against the Ascot Blue. I have the original 1971 seat belts in very nice condition and date stamped.
• Factory C60 code A/C (per build sheet) and Heat (A/C taken out for service/charging when I photographed the car. The unit is complete)
• Factory Power Steering
• Factory Power Brakes
• Mechanical items (See Video) from speedometer to fuel gauge to lights to door handles to locks to windows to wipers, to heater, etc. all work
• All exterior chrome was done and is either new or re-chromed.
• Very few miles on the Cooper Cobra radial tires sitting on perfect Keystone Mag Wheels
• The glass on this car is flawless and contains no scratches. There is a tiny crack on the front windshield the size of a small marble from a rock that kicked up on the way to a show.
• Weatherstripping and seals are flawless.
• Suspension and brakes have been completely gone through, are clean, operational and the car drives extremely straight and smooth.
• VIN 136371B162390
• Overall, this 1971 Chevelle is one of the nicest around. Enjoy!