Date of Manufacture: 7/70
Type: 280 SE 3.5 US specification car
Body: 2dr Coupe 111 chassis
Chassis number: 111026-12-002094
Engine number: 116981-12-001461
• Rear Window Electrically Heated, Heat-Insulating Glass
• Outside Rear View Mirror, on the right
• Becker Radio Europe (Stereo - USA)
• Automatic Antenna
• BEHR Air Conditioner
• Electric Windows
• DB 462 Tunis Beige
• 250 Cognac leather
• Original set of Books and Manuals, with Parts manual, service manual, etc.
• All receipts go with the car
• Many spare parts go with the Car
• Original interior components (all original 43 yr old leather) goes with the car
• 4-speed automatic transmission (needs rebuilt, goes with the car)
• Original Series ignition system goes with the car
• All original column shift components go with the car
• Two New Chrome Exhaust tips
• New black Plastic heater control levers (4)
• Sold new in Beverly Hills, CA and serviced in Hollywood until at least 1974.
• Car located in Tennessee for the last 20 years.
• Celebrity owned car in California and Tennessee.
• Many Photographs of the restoration process
• A stack of receipts dating back to 2004.
• Bosch injectors cleaned and tested.
• Complete upper and lower gaskets replaced, head gaskets, cylinder heads rebuilt.
• All new timing chain, oil chain, all guides, chain-tensioner
• New water pump and all hoses replaced
• New oil cooler lines replaced
• Complete new set of fuel/injection lines fitted
• Radiator with new original upper and lower hoses rebuilt
• New engine mounts fitted
• New battery 2012
• All new Belts
• Engine hood insulating pad replaced
• Original Four- speed automatic transmission goes with the car and needs a rebuild.
• Currently installed Transmission is a three-speed automatic from a US 4.5 car.
• New transmission lines replaced
• Filter and fluid replaced
• Four new rotors with front bearings replaced
• Front calipers rebuilt
• Rear calipers replaced
• Four new flex lines replaced
• Master cylinder replaced
• Complete service with new tie-rods, and drag link
• Fluid and filter replacement
• Rebuilt steering gear unit
• Flex discs replaced
• Center bearing replaced
• Five New Uniroyal 205/70R14 steel belted Whitewall radials
• Original tank cleaned painted and fitted
• Older steel exhaust with no leaks or noise, but poor cosmetic condition, new Chrome Tips included with car.
• All windows and interior Lighting electronics work correctly
• Defrost controls work correctly
• Power Antenna does not work (stays in the up position)
• Becker radio works 100%
• Both Tail-lights are new US version
Metal Chrome heater levers fitted
• The air condition was cleaned and repaired, needs a R12 freon Charge (pending) Blower controls work 100%.
• All interior wooden parts, including windshield bows, windshield arches, Dash pieces, and speaker grille wooden parts were professionally restored at Heritage Woodworks, NC, USA in 2012.
• A new factory velour carpeting replaced in 2012
• All new Floor-mats in 2013
• All new leather on the door surfaces, complete upper and lower dash, instrument binnacle, AC Housing and center console.
• Front seats, armrests, headrests, and seatbacks replaced with new Cognac leather in 2013
• Factory Ivory steering wheel with no cracks or damage.
• Rear shelf leather completely replaced
• Excellent original Headliner with no rips or damage
• Rear seat is 100% original and in amazing condition as are the rear side panels.
• Originally a column-shift car, I converted this to a floor shift with the 300SEL 6.3 shifter mechanicals, dash wood and steering column also replaced as floor shift units.
Body: Recent repaint in 2012 with all body surfaces taken down to bare metal, no body filler exists on this car, trunk seal, door seals, window channels all replaced in 2012.
Many chrome pieces rechromed in 2011-12 including complete front and rear bumpers, side window trims, Front windshield and rear windshield trims , taillights and license plate light trims, side mirrors (2), beautiful side markers, balance of chrome is very presentable with some pitting on the upper window trim chrome.
• New rubber trunk mat in 2013, all interior trunk surfaces cleaned, refurbished, and painted and in 2013.
The engine starts up without issue, no smoke, no leaks, cold idle mechanicals work correctly, runs at normal operating temperatures. Mobil 1 since 2004 with a fresh change 9/11/13. Smooth power delivery and no missing or other issues.
Smooth and Powerful as a 3.5 should be, nice smooth shifts from the transmission, brakes are powerful and stop quickly and in a straight line. This car can be driven anywhere at highway speeds without any issue. Tight body, trunk and doors, shocks could use replacement as they don’t feel as solid as they could.