This 1948 MG TC is in Black and Red with Red.
The TC was the first postwar MG, launched in 1945. It was quite similar to the pre-war TB, sharing the same 1,250 cc pushrod-OHV engine.
The MG TC has been described as, "The Sports Car America Loved First". Between 1945 and 1949, only 10,000 were produced, with about half of them being either exported to the US or privately imported by individuals.
This car is Chassis Number : TC/5887 and Engine Number : XPAG5932
Titled as a 1949, this car is a 1948.
Original color was Green.
Purchased by the current owner in 1971 and always stored inside and undercover.
From 1971 to 1977 the car underwent surface, paint (Lacquer, 17 coats) and upholstery restoration.
From 1982 to 2005 the car was in storage.
In 2005, a new set of 19 inch wire wheels and tires installed. 4 new chrome knockoffs replaced. (Note: original wheels and tires are available.)
Upgrades include, seat belts, side mirrors and Tomkins steering.
Interior finished in Red leather upholstrey. Right and left door stops replaced.
Soft top and side curtains were purchased years ago but were never used and are in excellent condition.
- Fuel tank replaced.
- New windshield glass, engine transmission mounts, radiator hoses and core springs.
- Exhaust system replaced.
- New master brake cylinder and front and rear wheel cylinders.
- Repair front bow and Top Frame.
- Lucas generator rebuilt and new Lucas regulator.
Recent service work:
- 4/11 71,074 Lube chassis, adjust steering box, install plugs and points, R&R rear brakes shoes and seals. Replace thermostat, flush radiator and adjust parking brake.
- 7/12 71,402 Replace starter, new battery, replace voltage regulator, Oil service, repair door latch mount. Rear wheel knock off replaced.
- 7/13 71,647 Rebuild wheel cylinders, adjust steering box, replace pinion and seal. R&R engine. Replace water pump, head gasket and valve seals. Degrease and paint block.
- 8/13 71,654 Hone Cylinders, Fit Cam bearings. Install new cam and lifters. Pistons and new rings. New crank and timing gear etc.
All records back to 1971 will be presented to the new owner.
For FULL PHOTO COLLECTION, visit us at http://www.MohrImports.com
All inspections welcome. We ship world wide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening.
Presented for sale by Mohr Imports, Classic and Sports Car Brokers.