ONE OF ONLY 3,792 PRODUCED WORLDWIDE IN 1961 ONE OF THE NICEST IN THE USA !!! Not much is know about the early history of this vehicle, but we know it was owned by a school teacher in Georgia for many years and then brought to Florida with him as he retired in about 2000. It may have been a car from his family, but we do not know.
It has been in Florida for the last thirteen years, loving cared for by all its owners. Equipped with a kilometer speedometer & odometer, this car shows about 105 kilometers since new. Converting to miles, that would be approximately 66K original miles. This car is in very nice condition and runs and drives fantastic.
Straight body panels and no evidence of rust repairs.
No rust bubbles. Nice carpet, dash and door panels.
Optional hard top with new headliner.
The car's original 1.9 Litre (1900 cc) inline four cylinder engine runs like new. Updated dual carbs and manifold correct the running problem these cars inherent to these cars. The problem was trying to synchronize the original dual Solex carbs. These updated carbs and manifold let this car run as it was designed. No smoke and easy shifting thru the factory manual four speed transmission. Original Solex carbs, manifold and air cleaner included with the purchase. Only 66K pampered original miles over the last 52 years. This car has been refreshed, detailed and ready to drive or show.
RARE MODEL - EXCELLENT BODY & MECHANICALS
• Excellent straight body and chassis
• Nice repaint in correct Red
• Very nice Tan bucket seat interior & carpet
• Original dash, steering wheel and gauges
• Original door panels and dash pad
• Nice original chrome, stainless & badging
• (there are two dents in the rear bumper)
• Original 1,900cc inline four cylinder engine
• Original four speed manual transmission
• Factory original wheels and newer radial tires
Check out our full inventory at www.MJCClassicCars.com