The Trophy's relaxed ergonomics so essential to this class of machine and its outstanding weather protection make this one of the most admired and enduring touring machines on the market.
What is sometimes overlooked is the bike's sporting ability, which is quite outstanding and unexpected on a motorcycle so clearly designed primarily to cover long distances in comfort.
The engine is well suited for the Trophy, with it’s proven record allied to high levels of torque across a wide spread of revs, plus more than sufficient power and a crisp throttle response. These machines are particularly suited to heavy load conditions, such as in mountainous country with a passenger and luggage, but the strength of the motor ensures the Trophy is still has more than enough performance to really excite its rider.
The fairing is designed to minimize the turbulence experienced by the rider, for more relaxed high speed riding, while the seat is ergonomically shaped to provide the maximum level of comfort while the understated, single color paint schemes and chrome-plated detailing, such as the headlight and instrument surrounds, speak for the sheer class of this motorcycle.
• 1180cc liquid-cooled 4-cylinder with DOHC, 16 valves
• Low maintenance bucket and shim valve train.
• Textured black powder coated engine for long term durability.
• Low maintenance hydraulic clutch operation.
• Digital electronic ignition for precise combustion control.
• Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission to enhance engine performance.
• Polished stainless steel exhaust headers for durability.
• Aluminium wrapped chrome silencers for style and longevity.
• Lightweight, powder coated steel spine frame using engine as structural member.
• Anodised aluminium alloy swingarm with eccentric chain adjusters.
• Rising rate monoshock rear suspension with remote, stepless preload adjustment and 10 way adjustable rebound damping.
• 43mm telescopic forks with triple rate springs.
• Stainless steel braided front brake line.
• Full fairing with exceptional weather protection.
• Lockable inner fairing storage pockets.
• Remotely adjustable twin headlights.
• Colour coordinated, quickly detachable panniers (total capacity 72 litres).
• Clear instrumentation including: speedometer with odometer, trip meter, tachometer, integrated fuel gauge and analogue clock, with warning lights for turn signals, main beam, oil pressure, engine temperature and neutral.
• Hazard warning lights.
• Large capacity 25 litre (5.5 gal Imp, 6.6 gal US) fuel tank for extended range.