Found in dry Colorado in 2001, this way cool vehicle was brought to Florida and restored. Starting with a rust free vehicle, the mechanicals we restored including a newly rebuilt engine and transmission, new brakes, dual exhaust, correct wheels and Coker tires.
In 2002, the vehicle was sold to the second Florida owner and over the next ten years, the cosmetic restoration was completed. Now what you see is a beautiful example of one of the earliest SUV’s and the Suburban line.
Less than 500 miles since completion, it is believed that due to the condition of the body and chassis on this Suburban, the odometer mileage of about 54K miles is likely correct.
This car received a dual stage repaint in its original Surf Green with a cream stripe. The black upholstery on the split bench seat is believed to be original. The new black carpet, cream headliner, and birch wood panels on the sides and doors are in top condition.
The car is equipped with a newly rebuilt Chevy 350 cubic inch V8 and a newly rebuilt 350 turbo automatic transmission.
I have a correct factory radio, we are attempting to repair it and reinstall it in the car. If this is not possible, we will install a modern radio in the glove box as part of the sale.
• Excellent rust free body and undercarriage
• Beautiful repaint in factory correct Surf Green
• Original black split bench seat
• Very nice original dash, steering wheel and gauges
• New carpet, door panels & headliner
• Mostly new chrome & badging
• Rebuilt 350 cubic inch V-8 engine
• Rebuilt automatic transmission
• Original AM radio (attempting repair)
• Correct wheels & trim rings - newer Coker whitewall tires
• Less than 500 miles since restore completed