This amazingly original car was purchased by L.L. Thomas at McClelland Motor Company of Waycross, Georgia on August 30, 1955.
The body is in almost perfect, original rust free condition, wearing one repaint. The original engine compartment, chrome, and stainless are all in very nice original condition.
With one older repaint in the original Platinum White, although it does not appear so in the pictures, the paint is faded and thin. It is ready for its next repaint. From the research I have done, the interior is the correct pattern and may be NOS cloth material on the inserts.
The car is equipped with the original 302 cubic inch V8 and original automatic transmission. This car does not smoke, runs, shifts, accelerates and drives like new. I would guess that other than cosmetics, the drivetrain needs no restoration.
VERY RARE AND DESIRABLE MODEL!
• Excellent rust free body and undercarriage
• Older repaint in factory correct Platinum White
• Newer correct pattern cloth & vinyl interior
• Very nice original dash, steering wheel and gauges
• Newer door panels & original headliner
• Complete chrome trim & badging
• Original Spitfire 301 cubic inch V-8 engine
• Factory automatic transmission
• Original AM push button radio & factory clock
• Beautiful 48 spoke factory wheels and newer wide whitewall tires
• 78,000 original miles since new