This ultra-rare GS 400 convertible is one of only 1,776 produced in 1969. It is an amazingly rust free original car with a completely unmolested drivetrain. These cars book restored for over $85,000 and this car is an excellent candidate for that level of restoration
The interior of this car appears to be the original bucket seat and console interior with new carpets and door panels. The original convertible top will need to be replaced. The exterior has one older repaint in code 52 Signal Red.
The car is equipped with the original 400 cubic inch V8, 340HP, with four barrel carburetor and the original 350 automatic transmission. This car does not smoke and it runs, shifts, accelerates and brakes like a restored car.
There are many Skylark GS clones in the marketplace, but this car is the real deal and will be an outstanding car upon restoration.
VERY RARE AND DESIRABLE MODEL!
• Excellent rust free body and undercarriage
• Older repaint in factory correct Signal Red
• Believed original bucket seat interior & new carpet
• Very nice original dash, steering wheel and gauges
• Original door panels & convertible top
• Complete chrome trim & badging
• Original 400 cubic inch / 340 HP V-8 engine
• Factory 350 automatic transmission
• Original AM/FM stereo & factory clock
• Original factory road wheels