This fabulous car spent several years in a North Carolina museum and after viewing the pictures below, you will understand why. The Studebakers of this vintage are remembered for their eclectic styling, influenced by the aircraft of the time.
This car was refreshed with a correct repaint in its proper factory color and complete rebuild of the original engine. It is a time capsule of one of the most unique cars of the post war period.
One beautiful repaint in the correct factory Willow Green, original tan pinstriped mohair interior, original front floor mat and rear seat carpeting. This car has a perfect dash, steering wheel, and gauges. It also has the original door panels and headliner.
This car has a very nice engine compartment, just it left the factory including the Fram Filcron oil filter and Amoco lubrication jar feeding direct into the carburetor.
The car is equipped with the original rebuilt 170 cubic inch, in-line six cylinder engine, single carburetor, and three speed manual transmission and automatic overdrive. It also has the Studebaker Thermo-Controlled Climatizer, feeding fresh air and heat throughout the interior compartment, a sophisticated system for 1949.
ONLY 400 MILES SINCE REFRESH COMPLETED!
• Excellent rust free body and undercarriage
• Beautiful repaint in factory correct Willow Green
• Gorgeous original tan pinstripe mohair interior & original mat / carpet
• Perfect original dash, steering wheel and gauges
• Original door panel & headliner
• Excellent original chrome & badging
• Original 170 cubic inch inline six cylinder engine
• Studebaker Thermo-Controlled Climatizer
• Original AM push button radio & factory clock
• Factory steel wheels, trim rings and wheel covers
• Wide whitewall tires
• 400 miles since refresh completed