This very low production, beautifully restored Cadillac has been in single ownership since 1945!
This Car as Purchased New by Commander Taylor of Watertown, NY and Was Used in Naval Intelligence Until 1946, When it Was Purchased by the Current Owners circa 1946. It Was an Ideal Car For Their 240 Mile Weekly Commute to Cornell University.
The Owner Continued Using This Car For Several Years Selling Irrigation Up and Down the East Coast until the car was taken out of service in 1955.
Still Under the Same Ownership, this Car Was Sent to DD Restorations in Covington, IL for Restoration. The Car Was Then Fully Restored including a body-off, nut and bolt resotration to original specification beginning in 2004 For Around $400,000. The car is restored in it's beautiful, correct original colors (Paint Code 51 Black) and black leather (Trim Code 83).
See Attached photo of current owner (on left) circa 1946.
In 1942, this car was used in a parade to honor local Watertown, NY hero Ensign George E. Cox who commanded PT-41 that resuced Gen. Douglas MacArthur off the Philippean Island of Corregidor. (See attached photo from Watertown Newspaper)
New Black Leather Interior
Black Convertible Top
346ci. V-8 Engine
3-Speed Selective-Synchromesh Manual on the Column
One of Only 400 Convertible Sedans Produced
Recently Restored With Over $350,000 in Receipts
Gorgeous Wood Trim
Detailed Motor Compartment
Show Quality Car