For sale is a very nice 1965 KVA Ford GT40 - The KVA was designed by Kevin Vincent Atwell (Senior Production engineer with Ford Motor Co.) He was tasked by Ford to build the molds and replacement parts for the original GT40 race cars. He was later given permission by Ford Motor Co. to use the molds and went on to produce his own GT40 replicas (KVA's). Due to his access to these molds, the KVA is one of the most accurate replicas of the legendary Ford GT40.
The car is about 97% complete and needs minor items for completion such as final interior carpeting, some detailing, etc. For all of you guys and girls out there who may be considering purchasing this car, remember this a true race car replica and it behaves like one!
Several of the pictures included in this ad show the car at a car meet with the Ford GT 40th anniversary edition - My car is the viper yellow one in each picture with the air snorkles on the rear section!
1. 350 ci stroked Chevy engine - dynoed at 420 HP. car has 1,190 miles on it (hardly broken in).
2. Engine has roller tappets, victor Junior High Performance aluminium intake maniford (made by Edelbrock).
3. Heavy Duty Clutch and pressure plate
4. High Performance aluminum heads
5. Iskenderian racing roller cam with 280 degrees duration
6. Porsche 930 transaxle with 4 speeds, kevlar clutch disc, high torque starter, custom rod shifter
7. Tires are P225-55-R17 Goodyears up front with P255-60-R17 at the rear
8. Vintage BRM type Wheels with fake knock offs.
9. The car has ice cold A/C - you need it when driving this beast (Vintage Air A/C System)!
10 Ceramic Coated "Bundle of Snakes" Header System that sounds GREAT
11. Seats are original style GT40 with 5 point harnesses (Racers Choice) to keep you firmly tucked in.
12. Car has dual Holley electric fuel pumps that can be switched between the two side mounted tanks!
13. Corvette rear suspension parts with disk brakes all around
14. A Holley 670 street avenger Carburetor handles the feeding chores.
15. The car has a minor front engine seal oil leak - as the engine sat for 13 years while the car was under construction, it is likely that a part of the seal dried out.
16. I have all the receipts and documentation.
17. Car has a Morosco 7 quart oil pan with windage tray.
18. Has rear mounted camera with LCD mirror so you can view whats behind you!
19. Plenty of leg room for you tall guys - I'm 6 foot and I can slither in with plenty of head room (there is an art to getting in and out of these race cars).
20 The car is only 40 inches tall(that were the name GT40 comes from) and the body is about 4 inches off the ground!
21. Car is painted Viper Yellow with black stripes
22. Has AM/FM radio with CD Player
23. Performance Distributors coil and distributor
24. Aluminum high capacity radiator
25. Almost $90,000 invested
26. Coil over springs on all wheels
27. Car is insured for $85,000 by Hagerty Insurance Co.
28. Car is titled in Maryland as a 1965 Ford Coupe (antique) - Vehicle ID # FL103194
29. Dual front mounted electric radiator cooling fans.
This is a project I worked on and off for about 27 years and now its time for me to move on to my next project!
I reserve the right to end the auction early as the car is advertised locally.
Car is being sold as-is with no warranty!
Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping of vehicle. Buyer pays all shipping expenses.
Car is availble for pickup or shipping after full payment has cleared my bank. Full payment must received in 10 days from auction end.
Payment can be made by bank check, wire transfer, or certified check - a $2,000 deposit is immediately due from winning bidder. If bidder fails to pay balance, then deposited will be forfeited! Car will not be releases until all funds clear the bank.